Trans Baviaans 2016

Joe Low

You might make a good point  :D

Edit: 'At night..... it would be very difficult to miss'

Fortunately we went past in the daylight.... :) OK - we forgot the boxes were there....

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to TB this weekend!

For all those that did TB1, was the chicken salty soup at the top of bergplass again this year? It saved my life last year!!!!

Thanks

Looking forward to TB this weekend!

For all those that did TB1, was the chicken salty soup at the top of bergplass again this year? It saved my life last year!!!!

Thanks

It was there - too hot to drink in a hurry....

It was there - too hot to drink in a hurry....

May be in a hurry, but let it cool down and you will gain many many minutes based on recovering and drinking it for the next 80 kms! Felt like death before and felt like superman after the chicken soup! 

May be in a hurry, but let it cool down and you will gain many many minutes based on recovering and drinking it for the next 80 kms! Felt like death before and felt like superman after the chicken soup! 

I did drink it - got lots of practice drinking hot espresso.... :) can't say it was exactly a refined model... and somewhat noisy.... got a couple of odd looks from the ladies behind the counter... but you have to do what you have to do....

Quite liked the jaffels too....

Was wondering where I got my energy from after Bergplaas. The soup was lekker man lekker. Jaffels at CP7 was the best ever.    

At 90.7km on the left hand side of the road is a small POLAR GPS unit that sprung out of my arm band. Would be very grateful if someone found it & returned it to me. I'm in Cape Town. So if someone is cruising on 2nd TB & passes that point...

If i'm having a tough day i'll find any excuse to stop & look for it for you, as a matter of interest how do you know that is exactly where it fell off? I just don't want to be looking in the wrong place.

If i'm having a tough day i'll find any excuse to stop & look for it for you, as a matter of interest how do you know that is exactly where it fell off? I just don't want to be looking in the wrong place.

Thanks mate. My watch stopped recording distance as a result from that point on.

You might make a good point  :D

Edit: 'At night..... it would be very difficult to miss'

What, you mean with the guy at the end of the track with a torch telling us which way to go?

Thanks mate. My watch stopped recording distance as a result from that point on.

can you post a pic of what it looks like?

What, you mean with the guy at the end of the track with a torch telling us which way to go?

It seems like we don't want to ride unnecessarily fast. The fast guys miss turnoffs, get pelted with oranges and have lights stolen off their bikes whilst being 'assisted'. much safer to ride quietly at the back 

It seems like we don't want to ride unnecessarily fast. The fast guys miss turnoffs, get pelted with oranges and have lights stolen off their bikes whilst being 'assisted'. much safer to ride quietly at the back 

Just had the silent kudu stepping out on Neverender.