Ironman 70.3 Durban 2016

shaper

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a feeling it will be popular with lots of early entries!!

Hope they do something different with the cycle, I was not a fan of the inner loop to finish as you had fun cyclists all over the road on their first loop and fast cyclist finishing their second loop, even with 2 lanes you were crossing the white line to get around cyclists.

Not happy with the date as its only 3 weeks after comrades. Means i will have to make a decision and quickly.

Has anyone here done both the TriRock Cradle and the Durbs 70.3?

How do they compare route-wise? The hills in the bike leg in Cradle were tough..

Anyone know how much entries were for this year's race?

this year was 2500 as I recall..bound to have increased for 2016. We wait n see.

They have brought this forward in the year, only 9 weeks after PE and now falls potentially in the middle of my exam timetable. Will only be able to enter once my exam dates have been published and there is no clash....might be sold out by then though as I expect this to go quick

Have a feeling it will be popular with lots of early entries!!

Hope they do something different with the cycle, I was not a fan of the inner loop to finish as you had fun cyclists all over the road on their first loop and fast cyclist finishing their second loop, even with 2 lanes you were crossing the white line to get around cyclists.

i hated the draft fest on the second loop, i'm a slow swimmer so i had to pass a lot of the back markers on the cycle that second loop was crazy with the argus bunches working against the wind.

Anyone know what the cut off times are?

I can't find them anywhere on the IM website. One would think that this is basic info that should be up somewhere  :huh:

or maybe I'm not looking in the right place

Anyone know what the cut off times are?

I can't find them anywhere on the IM website. One would think that this is basic info that should be up somewhere  :huh:

or maybe I'm not looking in the right place

You have to finish the swim in 1h10, swim and bike in 5h15 and everything in 8h30

Has anyone here done both the TriRock Cradle and the Durbs 70.3?

How do they compare route-wise? The hills in the bike leg in Cradle were tough..

Not done the Trirock, but cycled the cradle plenty.  Durban is flatish and fast in comparison, think it was around 680m of climbing.

Comparing the 2, Durbs is much easier

Not done the Trirock, but cycled the cradle plenty.  Durban is flatish and fast in comparison, think it was around 680m of climbing.

Comparing the 2, Durbs is much easier

Thanks shaper, this helps influence my decision.... to enter, or not to enter