"Cycle Events"

Grapkas

Seeing that i am in a bad mood today i will tell you about this!! What is the point of the Cycle Events telephone number?  Are they supposed to give you race information or sound totally uninterested in helping you?

I had the following questions regarding the CAMPUS TO CAMPUS:

1.  What kind of transport will be available from the finish back to the start?

Unhelpfull Answer 1:  I can't really tell you that.

2.  Will it be available throughout the afternoon?

Unhelpfull Answer 2:  I don't really know.

3. Is it the same route back as the cyclists ride on or a diffirent one?

Unhelpfull Answer 3:  I can't help you with that.

WHAT THE F&^%

And all the time she makes it sound like i'm asking her the cure for the TB problem in KZN!!! They should call that phone number the

Unhelpfull Unfriendly Don't know Can't Help you Hotline!Angry

Grapkas2006-09-27 06:52:22

Grappie, bel die puk in Vanderbijlpark -> (016) 910 3111.  Ek's seker die lot sal jou kan help.

grappie, maybe we can make a plan to help if necessary, but methinks CP and i are gonna take many many hours longer than you (we're doing the 145km as an lsd ride), so you'd have to hang around a while...

Thanks SP, i think if i don't come right i will let you know! What gets to me is that people that are lucky to have a job then sound like they don't want it!!! I have spoken to this girl before and got treated the same way!

grapkas, i know exactly what you mean about ppl who act as if doing their job is doing a favour... maybe oneday i'll type up a transcript of the useless discussion i had yesterday evening with the reaction officer who failed to raise the alert that my electric fence was blatantly damaged, etc, and as a result caused me to loose almost all my jewellery. it really p'd me off.... (MichH and her hubby heard the whole thing yesterday and she can attest to how livid i got)

<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Hi Grapkas,

firstly let me take the opportunity to apologise for this. We should be able to answer all these queries but unfortunately we do not always have the information at hand. The manner in which we respond however we DO have a say over and for this reason I am apologising. I have spoken to the organiser and the information we have is as follows:

1: The organisers have aranged a bus for the riders back to the start and trailers with padding (matresses) for the bikes.

2: The time will be straight after prize giving - prize giving at 14:00

3: The route will be the quickest one to the start. probably not the race route.

If you need anything else please contact us again and ask for me if you don't come right.

Thanks!

Erick

Clap Go Erick! This is EXACTLY what we expect from our suppliers, not necessarily zero defect performance, but the humility to apologise and fix the problem.

well done

Clap Go Erick! This is EXACTLY what we expect from our suppliers' date=' not necessarily zero defect performance, but the humility to apologise and fix the problem.

well done
[/quote']

assuming there was a problem at all....Wink

well done Erick! what a pity there aren't more people like you around in this country - willing to admit when an error or poor service has occured and always willing to sort things out (this i know from experience - Erick seems to live by the cliche'd credo that "the customer is king")