To pull out or not to pull out

HowardSteele

Do you?....man i must say i'm a fan of tubeless,I resisted the transformation in the beginning but must confess they have certainly proven their worth .(we'll underplay the couple of  occasions where the hole couldn't seal and called for a tube insert mmm rather messy and can see why some riders carry wet wipes).

So my question is after a days riding and you check the tyres and find a collection of  devil thorns / duweltjie or dubbeltjies whatever you call those  those little pointy buggers i usually find with my bare feet.

So the whole ones I remove but embedded in the tyre are the points of plenty more If i cant grab the protruding end with my finger nails i just normally leave them in,I suppose because they are pointy shaped they should dislodge after a couple of rides....explaining why sometimes i have slight unexplained tyre pressure loss.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Leave it in and enjoy the ride.....pulling out will just lead to goo spray all over the place and instant limpness.

Beautiful, just beautiful...

I have to agree with Odinson, that was such a beautiful piece of writing BarHugger. haha

Trouble is, they are so difficult to ignore.....much like an itch!

Hahahaha! Ja, for sure. Especially at the end of a day on something like Mashatu...you see more thorns than tyre rubber!

Yank them out and rotate hoop immediately to let the sealant do its work

(You dirty minds you)