Saddle Lifespan

RockSpider85

Does anyone know the lifespan of the Fizik Vesta saddle?

Have done about 450hrs over 2 years. It started to squeak alot recently, my comfort is suddenly also not what it was. (Riding with new bibs)

New bibs can reduce your comfort levels a bit as you chassis adjusts

2 years is a bit lean on the lifespan of a saddle, but not too shabby

@Dale... the bibs are fairly new just put that comment in so that guys dont think my bibs are done and i am blaming the saddle.

@Tumbleweed No. If i pres my thumb lightly up and down on the left hand side of the saddle bridge it makes the squeak. Less if i do it on the right.

Oi my 5hr base rides have been squeaky and i did 36one on the saddle without a squeak.

O the saddle could be 3 yrs old, not more.

I think this is quite genuinely a case by case scenario.. There is no linear answer.

I have ridden the same prologo ascend saddle for 5 years and it is still going stong, while I had numerous saddles fail after a week, 6 months and 2 years etc....

If it squeeks and annoys you, change it.

Looking for a definitive answer is probably just going to get you a bag of answers which will not in anyway help your conundrum. 

How long should it take to eat a bag of Mrs H Balls Simba chips......