Cape Town cycling partner(s) please.

Hans Comyn

I am escaping the European winter between Jan 13 and Feb 9 to ride in the sun of Cape Town,
and am looking for cycling partners.

I bring my road bike. Am willing to rent a mountain bike.
Fit athlete of 41.
Stay in Sea Point.
Plan to ride daily.

Who wants to ride with me?
Train with me?
Show me the best roads?

Thanks,

Hans Comyn
(Google, Facebook, Youbube, Gmail,...)

Hi! Welcome to the bikehub and shortly to Cape Town! There are plenty of us about who cycle regularly. At this time of the year the roads will start filling up with cyclists preparing for the Cape Town Cycle Tour! You wont be alone for sure!

What times of the day will you be looking to ride? Most of the locals will probably be back at work by then and only manage 2 hours before office time during the week!

Thank you for your reply Lynnie.
I am looking to ride daily, and would want to ride with others,
so I am ready to adapt my training schedule to that of other people.

I will be staying in Sea Point, and am ready to ride as soon as the early evening of Jan 13.

You want to ride?

Hi! Welcome to the bikehub and shortly to Cape Town! There are plenty of us about who cycle regularly. At this time of the year the roads will start filling up with cyclists preparing for the Cape Town Cycle Tour! You wont be alone for sure!

What times of the day will you be looking to ride? Most of the locals will probably be back at work by then and only manage 2 hours before office time during the week!

I am escaping the European winter between Jan 13 and Feb 9 to ride in the sun of Cape Town,

and am looking for cycling partners.

I bring my road bike. Am willing to rent a mountain bike.

Fit athlete of 41.

Stay in Sea Point.

Plan to ride daily.

Who wants to ride with me?

Train with me?

Show me the best roads?

Thanks,

Hans Comyn

(Google, Facebook, Youbube, Gmail,...)

Hi Hans,

I'm pretty flexible from 25-Jan. I ride almost everyday. Start from Camps Bay.

Thanks, Jevon

Hi Hans

I hope you will have a fantastic time in Cape Town.

From Sea Point you will have a fantastic and safe route southwards along the Atlantic, as far as Chapmans Peak. It will be full of cyclists training for the upcoming Argus cycle tour in March. I would not hesitate to ride this starch alone.

Further south around Cape Point or northwards up the West coast, I would prefer at least 1 or 2 mates to join. 

Thank you for your reply Lynnie.

I am looking to ride daily, and would want to ride with others,

so I am ready to adapt my training schedule to that of other people.

I will be staying in Sea Point, and am ready to ride as soon as the early evening of Jan 13.

You want to ride?

There's a few of us regularly going past that way on Thursday mornings. We're usually coming past Sea Point at about 6am. We'll be riding this Thursday the 14th if you're keen to join us! We typically ride at an average speed of 28km\h plus, depending on who is along for the ride.

There's a few of us regularly going past that way on Thursday mornings. We're usually coming past Sea Point at about 6am. We'll be riding this Thursday the 14th if you're keen to join us! We typically ride at an average speed of 28km\h plus, depending on who is along for the ride.

well that excludes me.... :blush:

Most tuesdays and thursday there is a group that rides from Shell in sea point at 5:30. 

Depending on the day around 28-32km/h chappies and back. 

We not always there as its "busy" season but we try.

We typically ride at an average speed of 28km\h plus, depending on who is along for the ride.

well that excludes me.... :blush:

Easy if you go one way with the wind as it has been for the past weeks and as expected to be for the next few weeks.

What's with this wind anyway? Getting tedious now. This morning on Chappies was a bit rough.

post-35786-0-96142700-1452591251_thumb.jpg

Easy if you go one way with the wind as it has been for the past weeks and as expected to be for the next few weeks.

What's with this wind anyway? Getting tedious now. This morning on Chappies was a bit rough.

hahaha, on Saturday I hooked a left to Wellington on the Klipheuwel road coming of Spes Bona, and immediately enjoyed an average of around 30-32kph happily moving along. About ten kays later I decided it might be time to turn and head home, (which was at that point around 30 odd kays away at Blouberg!!!) - My ave dropped to 10kph heading into that devil wind and I was entertaining thoughts of just stopping and having a bit of a cry at the side of the road..It took me 1.5 hours or so to get to Bloemendal. That's when I phoned my wife to come fetch me....14 kays short of my 100 kay for the day goal... :mellow:

First time I have EVER done that... :ph34r: