"Punctures" on spinner

Help.Me.

Please dont laugh.... I have serious problems with getting flats on my spinning bike. I ran for a couple of years with out any problems and now during the last 8 months I had 3 flats? I did replace the tyre and it is still happening. I use a cycle ops fluid trainer and even take the tension of the tyre , must i also deflate the tyre like I do with my road bike when not in use??

Time for new rim tape, it perishes on the idt and will then start puncturing the wheel more regularly. It also helps to ride with a IDT specific tyre

Time for new rim tape, it perishes on the idt and will then start puncturing the wheel more regularly. It also helps to ride with a IDT specific tyre

Thanks it is a IDT specific tyre, will look into the rim tape and replace..

Please dont laugh.... I have serious problems with getting flats on my spinning bike. I ran for a couple of years with out any problems and now during the last 8 months I had 3 flats? I did replace the tyre and it is still happening. I use a cycle ops fluid trainer and even take the tension of the tyre , must i also deflate the tyre like I do with my road bike when not in use??

Tubes with patches?

I've had it happen often on the IDTin the past where the patch starts leaking, so much so that i stopped patching tubes.

Also as mentioned by Cycle4life, check your rim tape is not damaged (cracking around the spoke holes) and pinching the tubes

In winter my bike is permanently on the IDT(also cycleops), using a standard continental 4000 grand prix tyre and never deflate it, keep it 100 / 110 psi

I think a thorough interrogation of your wife should be done

Must admin that thought did cross my mind!!!

Tubes with patches?

I've had it happen often on the IDTin the past where the patch starts leaking, so much so that i stopped patching tubes.

Also as mentioned by Cycle4life, check your rim tape is not damaged (cracking around the spoke holes) and pinching the tubes

In winter my bike is permanently on the IDT(also cycleops), using a standard continental 4000 grand prix tyre and never deflate it, keep it 100 / 110 psi

Brand new tubes tried a patched one with ZERO success. ?..

Brand new tubes tried a patched one with ZERO success. ?..

If u getting repetitive punctures it must be something in the tyre or on the wheel

Are the punctures on your tubes in the roughly the same place?

Make sure u not pinching the tubes when installing :whistling:  :whistling:

Happens to the best of us :blush:

If u got plastic rim tape...i'd check for cracks by the spoke holes

Must admin that thought did cross my mind!!!

A well concealed thorn did this to a friends bike. He also wondered about his wife's involvement in the incident. Perhaps just run your fingers through the inside of the tyre and check for any pokey type objects that might have gotten in the tyre somehow!

If u getting repetitive punctures it must be something in the tyre or on the wheel

Are the punctures on your tubes in the roughly the same place?

Make sure u not pinching the tubes when installing :whistling:  :whistling:

Happens to the best of us :blush:

If u got plastic rim tape...i'd check for cracks by the spoke holes

Yes roughly same place , close to the valve, but more to the outer side than on the spoke side of the tube. I did check tyre thoroughly and put new rim tape on.

What is strange that it will work for a week or two and then KABOEM slow puncher....

A well concealed thorn did this to a friends bike. He also wondered about his wife's involvement in the incident. Perhaps just run your fingers through the inside of the tyre and check for any pokey type objects that might have gotten in the tyre somehow!

Its a dedicated IDT wheel, so no thorns....I did however check the tyre on the inside with my hand for something pokey!!

Yes roughly same place , close to the valve, but more to the outer side than on the spoke side of the tube. I did check tyre thoroughly and put new rim tape on.

What is strange that it will work for a week or two and then KABOEM slow puncher....

Your slow punctures go "kaboom"?*

Like "I fell asleep - wham!"

(*English translation)

Put talcum powder in the tyre and smear it around, also coat the tube in it. IDT can cause heat build up and if the tube cannot move then you get basically a friction tear or burn in the tube.

Your slow punctures go "kaboom"?*

Like "I fell asleep - wham!"

(*English translation)

Haha no limited English vocabulary! !