Garmin introduces new fēnix 3 Sapphire multisport watch featuring wrist heart rate

Runbikeswim

$600 USD and that's before the ANC have added their fat !!! Going to be over R12k. And that not even for the Titanium version. #verysadface

Now the next question will be..... Will the current Fenix 3 support these extra features in future update, for example the golf app????

$600 USD and that's before the ANC have added their fat !!! Going to be over R12k. And that not even for the Titanium version. #verysadface

And for that price it had better provide consistent and accurate HR data

While its a brilliant idea and i hope i'm wrong (being sceptic and all ^_^ ), its no good if the thing does not work properly all the time... or if you train in cold climates wearing the watch over your long sleeve / jacket

V6.50?

I believe so. Although I see 6.60 has dropped today, so more improvements :)

I'll be trying out the new SUP stroke rate measurement this afternoon.

Edited by niterider

Swiss, you'll have more exposure to that, but when I run in the rain I wear my watch under my jacket. If I want to see something, I lift up the sleeve, take a quick peek.

What confuses me more is how you'll get HR readings on the bike, since it's supposed to be a multisport watch. Or do they seriously expect you to keep the thing on your arm whilst riding?

That all said, I'm not in the market for one of these, just opinionating. Not that I'd mind to win one or something! 

Swiss, you'll have more exposure to that, but when I run in the rain I wear my watch under my jacket. If I want to see something, I lift up the sleeve, take a quick peek.

What confuses me more is how you'll get HR readings on the bike, since it's supposed to be a multisport watch. Or do they seriously expect you to keep the thing on your arm whilst riding?

That all said, I'm not in the market for one of these, just opinionating. Not that I'd mind to win one or something! 

Think the Fenix 3 is more geared for multisport and daily tracking where you will wear on your wrist, which is what most triathletes do... I guess if you do use it for cycling and want it mounted on your bars then am sure there is an option for pairing to a chest HRM.

Think the Fenix 3 is more geared for multisport and daily tracking where you will wear on your wrist, which is what most triathletes do... I guess if you do use it for cycling and want it mounted on your bars then am sure there is an option for pairing to a chest HRM.

^^ this. If you must use it on the bars, chest strap it is. 

Definitely can pair to chest strap.  Your other option will be to use your regular cycling head unit on the cycle leg.  The wrist based HRM can broadcast HR as a regular ANT sensor...  (well at least I assume it will since my forerunner 235 can do that and its the same tech)

Edited by dracs

Fairly close to the perfect all-in-1 watch...would love to see what the heck they come up with to improve it further.

These rapid improvements must be due to the threat from the iWatch, especially as a 24/7 watch/monitor?