[Event] Journey 4 Sight N Service Cycle Tour

MRT1

Event Name: Journey 4 Sight N Service Cycle Tour
When: 14 February 2016
Where: Paul Greyling School, Sunray Road, Fish Hoek, Western Cape
Category: Road

ROUTE DESCRIPTION

55 km: From the school in Fish Hoek, cyclists will head out on Main road and follow Kommetjie road to Slangkop, past the entrance to Cape Point, and through Simonstown. Then get ready for the big climb of the day, after which you’ll have a chance to recover through Da Gama Park before turning left for the last tough climb of the day to the finish at the top of Black Hill. There will be a neutral zone back to the venue.

35 km: This route follows the long route until Ocean View, where the riders turn left. Short route riders will again turn left at the foot of Red Hill and pedal up the back of Red Hill to turn left and join up with the long route.

NOTES

Pre-registration at the Lions Club of Kirstenbosch Clubhouse, Almond Street, Newlands (Fernwood) on Sat 10 January 2015, 10h00-14h00. Registration on the day at Paul Greyling School. No children u/12; children u/15 to be accompanied by an adult at all times.

Remember to collect your PPA funride number from the PPA Office prior to the event, or allow extra time to do so at the event. No helmet, no ride. No transponder, no time.

PPA admin staff will not be at pre-registration and PPA members who still need to collect a funride number, must please collect it from the PPA Office, or it on the morning of the event.

Go to Event Page

Good luck to all cyclists for the opening PPA event for 2016.

Disfruta lo! Enjoy it!

http://disfruta.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Journey-4-Sight-Cycle-Tour.png

As some of you know, I am involved with the organising of this event and so this comes from the horse's mouth.

Latest information is that JFS 2016 has been postponed to February 7th.

Edit:

And the Long route has been changed to cut out Red Hill. Instead, it goes up Dido Valley Road. 

Edited by pbp2007

I like riding in fires, keeps my engine lekker hot...

Edit : 7 Feb is the day after 99er.

Edited by Rouxenator

As some of you know, I am involved with the organising of this event and so this comes from the horse's mouth.

Latest information is that JFS 2016 has been postponed to February 7th.

Edit:

And the Long route has been changed to cut out Red Hill. Instead, it goes up Dido Valley Road. 

Just a heads up, the 99er takes place on the 6th Feb. possibility of the J4S having a poor attendance. 

Just a heads up, the 99er takes place on the 6th Feb. possibility of the J4S having a poor attendance. 

Interesting - I would have thought the weekend after (when the cancelled Tour de Stellenbosch was supposed to happen) would have been a good option - I assume there would be another logistical reason why they can't host it that weekend.

Today is Wednesday and my mate who lives in Scarborough has said that the fire is completely out. Also there seems to be some rain which will help with the issue of Ash...

And I agree, 7 Feb is NOT a good idea ESP if you are expecting a good turn out and some decent riders to take part.

Until this morning, we were all set for this Sunday.

It won't be easy rescheduling, but we are up for any available date.

And Feb 7 is the day that the PPA hath given.

Until this morning, we were all set for this Sunday.

It won't be easy rescheduling, but we are up for any available date.

And Feb 7 is the day that the PPA hath given.

As I said earlier, what about the weekend of the 13th/14th of Feb when the Tour de Stellenbosch was supposed to take place (assuming it is still cancelled?)