• Yes
    • Perhaps
    • Where's my cake?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly my point, you 'feel' hungry and your 'mind' goes but hey you know what your body can still go without eating anything and that is the crux of the matter ... 

Ok, so I gave it a try. Saturday 2 hours, had breakfast first though, which was 3/4 scoop of endurashake (3:1 carb:protein shake with some fat in it), maybe that was my mistake? anyway did 2 hours in zone 2 on only water, no problems. Sunday, breakfast, same as Saturday, did 3 hours zone 3. got hungry at 2 hours but I pushed through it, didn't get that weak achy body feeling, felt totally comfortable. Had a proper breakfast when I finished (eggs, a sausage, mushrooms and baked beans - yum). I was hungry the whole day, nothing filled me up! I ended up eating way more than I normally would or needed to.  :cursing:

Any ideas?

Maybe I should have posted this in the lchf thread... but the conversation started here... 

anyway, my weight seems to have plateued, due to lack of discipline, apart from Sundays munchies... 

Ok, so I gave it a try. Saturday 2 hours, had breakfast first though, which was 3/4 scoop of endurashake (3:1 carb:protein shake with some fat in it), maybe that was my mistake? anyway did 2 hours in zone 2 on only water, no problems.

Any ideas?

anyway, my weight seems to have plateued, due to lack of discipline, apart from Sundays munchies... 

Those whole idea of fasted training is to be in a fasted state. That mean nothing but water or coffee.

I recommend 16 hours fasting at the minimum. 8 p.m last meal, 12p.m first meal

I expected this... 355km last week and I didn't move a bit.

with the higher mileage, I had to take in some extra carbs which didn't help.

Maybe HR zones have something to do also, spent most of the time in upper Zone 3 & 4, whereas the previous week was more zone 2.

Going to have an easy week with a lot of indoor training which is more controlled so lets see how it goes.

1 good thing though, my belt moved into the next smaller hole.

Those whole idea of fasted training is to be in a fasted state. That mean nothing but water or coffee.

that might be a bit extreme to start with so just adjust as needed. 8pm to 9ish am might be easier on the body for the first few weeks.

Hmmm that's a little scary... ok, when I'm brave enough I'll try it out. I am heartened because this weekends experiment did go better than expected. 

But I am a little worried about the post hunger games. I get the same thing after hill repeats or high intensity sessions, the only thing that stops the all day munchies has been a teaspoon of honey. Maybe I need to do the same thing. a nutrition person told me about the honey, that I need a high glycaemic carb straight after, it does solve the problem

Hmmm that's a little scary... ok, when I'm brave enough I'll try it out. I am heartened because this weekends experiment did go better than expected. 

But I am a little worried about the post hunger games. I get the same thing after hill repeats or high intensity sessions, the only thing that stops the all day munchies has been a teaspoon of honey. Maybe I need to do the same thing. a nutrition person told me about the honey, that I need a high glycaemic carb straight after, it does solve the problem

It only sounds extreme, but it really is much easier than expected. 3 days of a little roughness and then you won't even miss breakfast.

Post cycle hunger is a real problem, if you find something that works, let me know :D

For now, if it's an early morning cycle, I'll have BCAA shake and coffee.

If it's after 12, I'll have a plate full of veggies and some protein. If it's after 5 p.m. I'll have a massive meal.

8 to 9?

So basically, like any other day?

to start with, and that's with going for a ride in the am. I wouldn't say its like any other day.

It only sounds extreme, but it really is much easier than expected. 3 days of a little roughness and then you won't even miss breakfast.

Post cycle hunger is a real problem, if you find something that works, let me know :D

For now, if it's an early morning cycle, I'll have BCAA shake and coffee.

If it's after 12, I'll have a plate full of veggies and some protein. If it's after 5 p.m. I'll have a massive meal.

I actually don't usually eat before training and it's something I've actually had to force a bit, I can only have a shake. But since doing it my cycling has improved a lot, I've been able to do much longer sessions and the high intensity ones are definitely higher intensity on breakfast vs no breakfast. So I am reluctant to lower the quality of my training sessions for weight loss but I'm not against some experimentation because some weight loss is definitely going to improve my performance too. 

Need to find the balance.

I actually don't usually eat before training and it's something I've actually had to force a bit, I can only have a shake. But since doing it my cycling has improved a lot, I've been able to do much longer sessions and the high intensity ones are definitely higher intensity on breakfast vs no breakfast. So I am reluctant to lower the quality of my training sessions for weight loss but I'm not against some experimentation because some weight loss is definitely going to improve my performance too. 

Need to find the balance.

I focused on weight loss (some performance improvement happened) and then once I had stabilized at what I assume to be my bodies comfortable weight then the performance improvements came anyway

FWIW it's not difficult. I am experiencing a bit of a fallback, unfortunately, but as of today I'm back on the wagon. Something to do with mother's cooking and not being in control of dinner.