[Event] Karoo To Coast

News bot

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How much of an effect will altitude have, I am from Gauteng.

You will have an unfair advantage over us that trained at low altitude  :cursing:

Doing my first karoo2coast. Riding singlespeed 26er with 34x20 ratio. Any comments regarding possible changes to the gear ratio? Worried that this ratio might be a bit short for the flatter sections? Or do I rather keep what I'm used too?

You will have an unfair advantage over us that trained at low altitude  :cursing:

But we have mountains to train on, so it's a pretty level-ish playing field.  

Sort of.

If you really use your imagination...

Poor Dexter.

But we have mountains to train on, so it's a pretty level-ish playing field.  

Sort of.

If you really use your imagination...

Poor Dexter.

Thanks, seems like I have to stop along the way to get someone on my table.

Hi all.

Our travel arrangements fell through at last night and I am now looking for some help.

Does anybody know someone who will be able to drive my car from Uniondale to Knysna on the Sunday morning of the race?

Alternatively, a lift from Knysna or George to Uniondale on Saturday will also work...

If you can help, please PM me.

Thanks.

Doing my first karoo2coast. Riding singlespeed 26er with 34x20 ratio. Any comments regarding possible changes to the gear ratio? Worried that this ratio might be a bit short for the flatter sections? Or do I rather keep what I'm used too?

There is no flat sections, it's either UP or DOWN HILL. Stick to what you used too.

You just keep the beers cold for us, see. We will get there eventually. 

Not sure if you are serious, or just yanking a few chains.

In case you are serious with your question, you will have an advantage, due to the fact that you trained at altitude and because of the relative "shortage" of oxygen at altitude, your blood produces more Red Blood Cells to transport the available oxygen.

Coming down to coast level, you have more carrying capability, thus more oxygen gets transported in your blood. You only gain by this!!

Not sure if you are serious, or just yanking a few chains.

In case you are serious with your question, you will have an advantage, due to the fact that you trained at altitude and because of the relative "shortage" of oxygen at altitude, your blood produces more Red Blood Cells to transport the available oxygen.

Coming down to coast level, you have more carrying capability, thus more oxygen gets transported in your blood. You only gain by this!!

I was serious, this is my first Karoo to coast, a little bit nervous so I am scrounging for every little bit of help I can get, I should be fine, yesterday ran a 10K at just over 6 min/k, quite happy with that side of my fitness.