• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Done.

The sky was clear.

It was cool but not cold as expected.

The ground was soggy in places.

My tyre exploded on a rock and the sealent made a mushroom cloud on the backend of die ou wapad.

I did not have a tube with me. Eventually my buddy came past and gave me his - what a legend.

I got going again which made me really happy so even though I did not achieve what I wanted too, I could finish at least.

Shaved 35 min off my pb. So we are down to 7:30. Very enjoyable. Road condition gettin worse and worse and i am not only talking about the rain. Felt i was better on the uphills than the down hills. ..........and i killed it up Simola. Cycled up it all the way

Shaved 35 min off my pb. So we are down to 7:30. Very enjoyable. Road condition gettin worse and worse and i am not only talking about the rain. Felt i was better on the uphills than the down hills. ..........and i killed it up Simola. Cycled up it all the way

Joh... those downhills were morsig. B

This was #6 of 10 - best K2C ever! The rain made for excellent roads, solid and a bit wet closer to Knysna.

We were running late so I dropped back from A to B for the start. This led to me racing to pass as many people possible to avoid a slow Ou wapad. That in turn unleashed the little bit of racing I had in me and soon I was chashing a sub 4.

Alas it was not meant to be so 4:05 it is. Maybe next year in A it will happen. Tekkies on my Saint flat pedals worked like a charm and the Chaoyang tyres at 2.5 bars gave me fast climbs and slightly slower downhill corners.

Bring on #7 in 2017 ????

Got a guy at the botom of the Simola downhill who snapped his chain. I couldn't leave him the so I turned aroud and told him to hold on to my Camelbak and I pulled him. Luckily a friend showed up and the two of us managed to get the guy to the finish making turns pulling him. Got al lekker cheer from the crowed as we entered the grounds. Helping him was almost more rewarding than seeing the top op Simola

Well done all. All round perfect conditions. Now remember to take off your number boards before heading home. Nothing screams funrider like a race board on your bike after a race. [emoji6]

I enjoyed my first one - managed a 4h47 and beat all of my buddies which was my main aim.

I felt strong in the last 25km which was really unexpected!  Passed a lot of people up Simola.

Really could have done without the traffic from C batch going up Wapad though.  Absolutely crawling pace and lots of walkers.  It's not even steep or technical - not sure why there was a problem or why it's hyped up so much?

But overall I enjoyed it.  Except the cold in Uniondale...

Managed a 5h40 on my first K2C - it was harder that I thought it was going to be. Yoh, that last climb at the 8km to go mark got to my legs.

Edited by dre

Did 5:55 on the single speed. Enjoyed my first k2c. It was tough, not used to that distance or time in the saddle.

Doing it Rigid SS had exactly the same benefit as the Comrades I did.

Lekker, but having done it once, I need NEVER be tempted to do it again. :thumbup:  :thumbup: