Kevin Evans accepts doping charge

Paulst12

But that's not new, is it? I mean it was like 10-odd years ago that a former hubber was shown on the telly helping rugby mommies with their queries about juice for their kids.

FanD should remember him!

Say whaaat?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmmmm... to cover himself...and profess his innocence ..I suppose.., and to deny his involvement in such evil practices.

and then ...3 years later... he was a "Juicer" after all..??

There is a discrepancy in your timeframe. In my story, at the time the RIDER says he did not know Tjorts was doping, whereas the offence he is now accused of is a much later date subsequent to his, let's just call it, "medical procedure". 

There is a discrepancy in your timeframe. In my story, at the time the RIDER says he did not know Tjorts was doping, whereas the offence he is now accused of is a much later date subsequent to his, let's just call it, "medical procedure". 

The timeline seems to be an issue and keeps getting referred to, so here's a go at it...feel free to add to it, take away from it, draw pictures of your mom on it...

2010 - “diagnosed with empyema and had repeated episodes of intra-abdominal sepsis due to an appendectomy performed at the end of 2010”.

October 2012 - undergoes operation to drain and remove an abscess in his abdomen.

Edit - will slip this in: November 2012, DG tests positive for EPO...after biological passport anomalies were detected, gets two-year ban

December 2012 - Evans second appendectomy, further abdominal surgery.

February 2013 - similar procedure to drain another abscess

September 2013 - emergency tracheotomy surgery due to an abscess bursting through his diaphragm into the lung, resulting in 10 days in Intensive Care (ICU) with a cardio thoracic surgeon.

September 13th and 19th - two blood transfusions in ICU in order to keep him alive. Quacks says he needs ozone

Sept 2013 - KE listed in results for PE2Plett - Pe 2 Plett was between the 14th till the 17th in 2013? 

Tested a mere two weeks out of ICU, hence high values...

Unclear exactly when it started, how long it lasted, etc: “I underwent Ozone therapy, having applied for a TUE but it was denied. I went ahead..." 

*2014 and 2015 - accused of “doping after identifying serious irregularities in his Athlete Biological Passport (ABP) – a profile of the athlete’s blood parameters”.
"suspicious readings were identified over a period of time therefore the athlete’s results extending back to 14 March 2014 will be recommended to Cycling SA for disqualification. He will be banned from sport for four years as of 4 March 2015." 

2016 - the announcement...

*SAIDS is rather vague about when exactly Evans was actually charged, or informed, or whatever...
Edited by Tumbleweed

The timeline seems to be an issue and keeps getting referred to, so here's a go at it...feel free to add to it, take away from it, draw pictures of your mom on it...

2010 - “diagnosed with empyema and had repeated episodes of intra-abdominal sepsis due to an appendectomy performed at the end of 2010”.

October 2012 - undergoes operation to drain and remove an abscess in his abdomen.

Edit - will slip this in: November 2012, DG tests positive for EPO...after biological passport anomalies were detected, gets two-year ban

December 2012 - Evans second appendectomy, further abdominal surgery.

February 2013 - similar procedure to drain another abscess

September 2013 - emergency tracheotomy surgery due to an abscess bursting through his diaphragm into the lung, resulting in 10 days in Intensive Care (ICU) with a cardio thoracic surgeon.

September 13th and 19th - two blood transfusions in ICU in order to keep him alive. Quacks says he needs ozone

Tested a mere two weeks out of ICU, hence high values...

Unclear exactly when it started, how long it lasted, etc: “I underwent Ozone therapy, having applied for a TUE but it was denied. I went ahead..." 

*2014 and 2015 - accused of “doping after identifying serious irregularities in his Athlete Biological Passport (ABP) – a profile of the athlete’s blood parameters”.
"suspicious readings were identified over a period of time therefore the athlete’s results extending back to 14 March 2014 will be recommended to Cycling SA for disqualification. He will be banned from sport for four years as of 4 March 2015." 

2016 - the announcement...

*SAIDS is rather vague about when exactly Evans was actually charged, or informed, or whatever...

KE listed in results for PE2Plett in Sept 2013 

This has been nagging...does SAIDS target a period to analyse on a passport? Or do its scientists note anomalies and flag them? DG was targeted and tested because of his values; why wasn't the same done with Evans? 

Edited by Tumbleweed

Yes Tonto, I call him Silver

Lemme guess...doped to the gills? Not an unusual situation in equestrian circles.

I'm sure we have the same level of athletes especially if you take into account SA's facilities and talent identification (read lack of). I don't think the Europeans are born with special powers.

Imagine how great SA can develope sports and athletes if we had the same budgets as other countries!

cycling has about R23 mill available to develop the sport, it should've grown by another few mill by now.

Edited by Andy Arnesan

This

If Brandon's "I thought I had a TUE" defence didn't work how did KE imagine the "Let's ignore the denied TUE" strategy will turn out for him?

All of that is just bollocks to confuse the weak minded.

An admitted doper is an admitted doper, finish and klaar.

Brandon Stewart is a (long time) doper.

Kevin Evans is a (long time) doper.

All these ous are doing is muddying the waters with what they and the more gullible amongst us will consider mitigating circumstances. 'I'm not really a cheat, I had MEDICAL reasons for breaking the rules. MEDICAL reasons! My HEALTH! Waah!'

Oh the irony. Your health is probably borked BECAUSE of the cheating in the first place.

Jokers to the left of me, clowns to the right.

Well I ain't falling for any of that. Nuh uh uh.

cycling has about R23 mill available to develop the sport, it should've grown by another few mill by now.

Not sure where that number comes from?

But if you are saying SA has only R23 million for cycling in SA then it is NOTHING. Go look at other countries and their programs to see what it takes. Or just look at rugby and cricket and lesser so, soccer.

It's sad, but we can't really expect anything with that amount. Yet we do relatively well, I think.