Kevin Evans accepts doping charge

Paulst12

Tumbles, I reckon you are so close to a solution with this post, you may be put in charge of implementation. The Omerta is always part of the issue. In this, sports betting, political corruption. Sadly, most people only give a Damn when the person is caught - and it takes bravery to be a whistle-blower.

And even sadder is that whistles aren't blown unless there is a reward. How about a TRC...subpoena everyone who says "no surprise", "known about it for years" and ask them what they knew and what they had done about it, or why they had done nothing. Boom, no pro field and half the hubbers here posting from jail.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lancesball

The short version of this is that Kevin has been sanctioned for abnormalities March 2014 until 2015 Epic. 

His operation and blood transfusion / ozone therapy is 2012 /13. 

They are not related. No abnormalities last that long with any type of PED or treatment.

Simple. 

post-83977-0-31237300-1453290717_thumb.gif

Edited by Lancesball

Amazing that doping only happens at this level and that at World Tour level guys are riding and winning clean isn't?

That is a bit cynical and you know it.

World Tour guys are under the spotlight the whole time!

Here it seems that it easier to get away with.

Hope you washed them Lays down with a beeeeg can of Monster

Fully agree its not the pros (and I use the term very loosely) that makes the sport here but the thousands that spend their own money on the sport. 

you know it oom

Guest Lancesball

You find that it's mostly vets with racing licenses?

Kevin, David and Brandon were all vets. 

The short version of this is that Kevin has been sanctioned for abnormalities March 2014 until 2015 Epic. 

His operation and blood transfusion / ozone therapy is 2012 /13. 

They are not related. No abnormalities last that long with any type of PED or treatment.

Simple. 

Here is a spy pick of Kevin just before came up with the release.

attachicon.gif200_s.gif

Looking at those whatsapp pics....you guys seemed tight....looks like he made you moerig as well....love the grasping at straws pic  :thumbup:

Guest Lancesball

Vets gets tested almost every race.  I have been tested a couple of times. 

Correct, that whole story of "test the vets its rampant" is not actually true. If it was there would be positives weekly from them, yet its the Elites more often than not.

And even sadder is that whistles aren't blown unless there is a reward. How about a TRC...subpoena everyone who says "no surprise", "known about it for years" and ask them what they knew and what they had done about it, or why they had done nothing. Boom, no pro field and half the hubbers here posting from jail.

There is a space to ask difficult questions or make uncomfortable observations, which does not amount to whistle-blowing but certainly goes some way towards shining a light on this behaviour. If you do though, don't be surprised if you get a lawyer's letter paid for (belatedly) by some fanboi with deep pockets. 

Yes.  Alcohol is prohibited in competition in certain sports.

From the WADA code:

P1. ALCOHOL

Alcohol (ethanol) is prohibited In-Competition only, in the following sports. Detection will be conducted by analysis of breath and/or blood. The doping violation threshold is equivalent to a blood alcohol concentration of 0.10 g/L.

 Air Sports (FAI)

 Archery (WA)

 Automobile (FIA)

 Motorcycling (FIM)

 Powerboating (UIM)

Darts...still free as well as snooker....and it seems we can suip ourselves paralatic before a cycle race.....

can't agree more....the term pro only refers to them earning their bread from the sport, nothing about how they go about it.

Just read that lanceball post...big up DL. You can hold your head high and be proud of your achievements. To the dopers...every drop of sweat or minute on the bike was for nada. Your results are cheaper than the bag of lays I just inhaled. Sies man....

Lays only contains chip flavored air but you're actually doing Lays an injustice to compare them to dopers. Dopers have less substance than a packet of Lays.

Always liked Lill, I now have much greater respect for him! Kudos to him for not being a sell out.

Guest Lancesball

Looking at those whatsapp pics....you guys seemed tight....looks like he made you moerig as well....love the grasping at straws pic  :thumbup:

He has not made me anything. Not sure what you going on about tbh and what pics are you talking about on Whattsapp? 

Is this Charades? 

Although i do agree that harsh punishments are not unwarrented for PRO cyclists, what do you suggest for the recreational cyclist who gets caught for something banned? They arent there making a living of the sport, dont take away sponsorships and sometimes are unaware off the banned list. Hence the problem overall. Once you set a precident, it needs to be applied equally across the board. So servere punishments are givene, but jail time is maybe a stretch to far?

A lot of these substances are banned in COMPETITION , but not in the real world , and therefore a recreational cyclist caught using say Clenbuterol ( which is an asthma medication actually) is not breaking and sporting federation laws. A lot of things people use day to day are "banned substances " for pros but perfectly legal to be using if you happened to be a recreational rider

That is a bit cynical and you know it.

World Tour guys are under the spotlight the whole time!

Here it seems that it easier to get away with.

Hahahaha......you must be joking right? Clean riders now faster than known dopers. I don't buy that. 

Hahahaha......you must be joking right? Clean riders now faster than known dopers. I don't buy that. 

Are you now comparing the local doper Joe to the top international riders...that was Patch was talking about....

Just took then ones that where relevant to the TL.

That is not a comprehensive race results list by any means. 

I know, but it fills in some gaps..ie. Attakwas was the biggest profile race between the operation (ozone therapy) and epic from when the ban starts. there would be some testing there for sure.

There is a space to ask difficult questions or make uncomfortable observations, which does not amount to whistle-blowing but certainly goes some way towards shining a light on this behaviour. If you do though, don't be surprised if you get a lawyer's letter paid for (belatedly) by some fanboi with deep pockets. 

Absolutely. But asking those questions or making those observations also comes with the responsibility that they are fair and reasonable. Where , how and to whom the questions are asked is also important.

Edited by Tumbleweed