Kevin Evans accepts doping charge

Paulst12

and now lost in a mire of Lance worship

The answer to your questions based on the facts: No, no, yes.

The answer to your questions based on speculation: Yes. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just had an ultimate face plant moment watching last week's episode of SuperCycling this morning with coffee in hand:

Owen (a doper) discussed Kevin (a doper) with Andrew who spoke about Rourke (a doper) - next item was the launch of Team Telkom being led by Nolan (a doper).

Sheeeeeeeeeet man.

How to toilet your name, and that of Rush Sports in one fell swoop. If I was in Brandon's shoes I would have used the opportunity to distance myself (and my company) from a confessed doper and I would have initiated legal action to recover some of the sponsorship I have provided to the doper (I am sure that there would have been a doping clause in the contract of some sort).

@My stuff - I agree

I've chosen not to get involved in this as I was a previous fanboy and defended Kev. I've chosen also not to get involved as this mud flinging on the hub has almost been as bad as the one between the riders.

Gary, I wouldn't be surprised(just guessing) if Brandon E knew. Which is why it hurts all the more and can't really distance himself from it. I'm not saying he funded it purposefully, but Its a bit like the Mike Ross from "The Suits" thing. If you knew and didn't blow the whistle you have dirt on you and that is why this has taken so painfully long to come out?

For example..

Brandon Steward Rode 2007 Epic with Kev, Team MTN/ Energade - Raleigh was in its heydays, Dave George was a Road pro in the same team If I recall correct. Impey was also on that team? In 2011 Steward and Darren Lill rode the JBerg2C together although they clearly had a fallout some time after that. My point is all our old pros know each other well enough to know who is "juicing"..Especially if they did team camps together etc.

I was a big fanboy and ignorant of the "ugly" that was beneath a obviously very nice guy until a young current up-and-coming-pro spilt the beans over a cup of coffee a few years back.

Apparently some of the guys are so arrogant about the stuff, that they tell you to go get yourself a beer from the same fridge their stash is kept in and expect you not to tell. (This particular person has not even been caught/found guilty yet but I'm sure its next as CSA prob just don't have the means to fight all these cases at the same time)

Most of you would obviously have been the hero, but If I was a young up and comer I'd probably also be to scared to tell...I mean If you want to Blow the whistle loud enough for it to matter, you'd better be well prepared for the SH1TSTORM you'll have to face with so many people in the industry that are in on the whole thing not to speak of dirty riders that haven't been caught yet..the Lance thing. We have all learnt that..

But its no wonder it feels so damn good to finally be proven right - Fand, Darren etc

Anyway that's my 2c..

One has to be careful with words these days as lots of people have found out, I'm merely a previous fan boy who has learnt that people will always disappoint even our heros.  But I'll always ride my bike ;)

I think @TheOldC**tBiker is losing his mind...

3bfc45ad818f8da4bb0a1f655aff2b47.jpg

50497612bef01d9be8101600ac075f74.jpg

TheOldC**tBiker (why does it keep doing that?) has been hammering hard on Twitter about my relationship with Moneyweb. 

I don't really believe he is so dim-witted to think Moneyweb shares all of my opinions. Thus, I can only assume he is attacking what he perceives to be my livelihood. 

What I find fascinating is how muted Brandon is in his condemnation of Kevin's behaviour.

Let's take the most flattering scenario: Kevin saw first-hand how David's actions harmed the sport and hurt his team mates. Yet despite this he raced without a TUE, knowing he could get popped and do the same harm. I stress that this is the most flattering scenario. My suspicion is that the truth is much less flattering. 

Oh, and apparently I'm a "well known cycling web forum troll". Did you guys know this? 

Ta thanks wired

Noted!

Oldcoot is actually a hell of a good guy and a personal mate of mine - possibly was a bit naive about doping (not any more), but exceptionally loyal to his athletes who committed to being clean (and if they were not clean then they definately lied to him) - I have no doubt he will do what he needs to do to move this forward appropriately - he IS one of the good guys.

Most tested athlete ever....

That's not actually the truth either... Zabel was tested way more as an example (also never tested positive) but yeah, if things are given enough PR they become the truth  :rolleyes:

TheOldC**tBiker (why does it keep doing that?) has been hammering hard on Twitter about my relationship with Moneyweb. 

I don't really believe he is so dim-witted to think Moneyweb shares all of my opinions. Thus, I can only assume he is attacking what he perceives to be my livelihood. 

What I find fascinating is how muted Brandon is in his condemnation of Kevin's behaviour.

Let's take the most flattering scenario: Kevin saw first-hand how David's actions harmed the sport and hurt his team mates. Yet despite this he raced without a TUE, knowing he could get popped and do the same harm. I stress that this is the most flattering scenario. My suspicion is that the truth is much less flattering. 

Oh, and apparently I'm a "well known cycling web forum troll". Did you guys know this? 

Get Emma to send him a letter  :D

Clearly trying to get a response from Moneyweb, kinda like the neighbour threatening to tell your parents. 

Made a mistake, backed the wrong horse etc etc. Learnt a lesson, move on. 

That's not actually the truth either... Zabel was tested way more as an example (also never tested positive) but yeah, if things are given enough PR they become the truth :rolleyes:

zabel was an East German athlete in the 80s, wasn't he? No testing required.

oldcootbiker damn that is just too funny, edit no **** for me Edited by my stuff

Oldcoot is actually a hell of a good guy and a personal mate of mine - possibly was a bit naive about doping (not any more), but exceptionally loyal to his athletes who committed to being clean (and if they were not clean then they definately lied to him) - I have no doubt he will do what he needs to do to move this forward appropriately - he IS one of the good guys.

that is good to hear, I would be proper de moer in with the situation if I was him.