Trail Daze | On the path to Ho Chi Minh

ewaldsadie

These trails are great for running actually, perhaps better than for MTB. Still worth a visit though.

Looks amazing. Hope this hasn't been destroyed by the fire that raged there the last few days. It looked massive last night. According to AFIS Muratie was pretty much at the center of the fire.

I can't actually see the mountain for all the smoke, but the fire was above Ida's Valley last night.

I also want to know if its reached around to the Muratie side of the mountain...

this is what could be seen from G-Spot last night 

Interesting , seems I can't upload images today ....

Hopefully later then 

post-36678-0-70825500-1453288930_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bibi

Meurant posted 4am this morning that it has reached his trails.  Delheim burning.  So much destruction. 

Strong rumours that it was arson originating from Pniel.

Wonder whether the Fairtree Contour race will still continue.

Feel for the farmers and land managers and communities that depend on them especially this time of the year.

So incredibly sad. My thoughts go out to the land owners and people living in the effected areas.

I don't want to believe that something like this could have been arson. The gain for the arsonist could just never even come close to the loss incurred. Then again, I don't want to believe that someone's life can be worth less than a cell phone, yet people get hit with bricks in the face for only the possibility of carrying a phone.

I am sad for the state of this country.