Trail Daze | On the path to Ho Chi Minh

ewaldsadie

Local authorities confirmed arson.  They were busy cutting new firebreaks when they saw individual start fire further down in alien vegetation and fynbos.

I give up.  How do you negotiate with a force that's only aim is to destroy?

Also hearing this was arson.

The Klapmutskop fire last weekend was kids playing around, which is pretty much arson too...

Also hearing this was arson.

The Klapmutskop fire last weekend was kids playing around, which is pretty much arson too...

Or a case of negligent parenting, which is worse imho.

Daaayum! These photos always seem to tell a story in their own way. Always makes me want to go ride!

Awesome review as usual. 

Sorry to hear about the fires though...

Words won't do my thought justice. I'll continue to just gaze at the selfish actions people are capable of. 

This is really screwed up.

Just opened this article up, scrolling down, getting so stoked off the images, thinking WOW this place is awesome, these images are so rad! Then got to the comments and was like...*sigh*.

Great way to remember how awesome it was though!

Drove to Muratie and Delheim yesterday to take a looksee. If you're the sentimental type, don't go. It's tragic to see what it looks like. Lots of it was still smoldering yesterday and there were even some parts till on fire. I sort of get the impression that it may still be salvable with a lot of work  but I wonder if the will exists to do it? After all, building trails doesn't come cheap and the owners have lots of other expenses to consider now.

Only had my GoPro with me and will post what shots I think are worthwhile. Here's one..the remains of one of the trails overlooking the car park

post-43622-0-04855300-1453709722_thumb.jpg

Edited by sawystertrance

• 2 weeks later...