2016 Cape Town Cycle Tour Training Rides

Wannabe

You guys can go ahead and arrange rides as you want. I created this thread for that reason.

Me, I'll probably only do my first (and possible only) training ride on the weekend of 20/21 Feb.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

In town for the weekend from the US and would love to get in on a group ride or find a couple local people to ride with. 0500-0700 start either Saturday or Sunday works for me. Probably B pace. I'm in CBD so close would be helpful!

Hope to catch up this weekend!

I'll only be doing a short 50km ride to Chappies early Sat morning, leaving Sea Point.  

If you guys have a Garmin Edge you can export the route from Strava as a guide. 

Just stay off the M3. (Dangerous) Once you hit Lakeside follow the route as planned! 

Have fun fellas hopefully someone will pitch in to help guide. 

https://www.strava.com/routes/1081091

Edited by J∆kk∆ls

Hi All 

Big Thank you for all those that participated in this morning training ride with SSC. We will be doing the same route next week same starting times but we will have 4 Groups . Best we all meet at the Shell in Bergvliet and move from there. Thank you once again and have a great weekend further. 

for more info please visit our website:

http://ssccapetown.co.za/

Anybody keen on doing a ride Sunday morning, 21 Feb?

edit: date corrected

Edited by D-Mike

Hi, keen on doing Argus Route from Greenpoint/ Sea Point area Sunday 21 February. Anybody else doing this ? Do you guys just pitch at a certain area ? 

If you guys are going to meet in Green Point then meet at the Virgin Active Gym. Plenty of safe parking. I wont be joining.

Have fun and be safe :thumbup:

Hi everyone.

Unfortunately due to work commitments I won't be able to ride tomorrow. Enjoy the ride

As I'm not doing any races in preparation for this years August, I am planning to do few Sunday route recces instead. 

No confirmed dates yet, but I would like to gauge interest in which dates will suite the best.

We have the following Sundays available: 

31 Jan

7 Feb

14 Feb

21 Feb

28 Feb 

CTCT is on 6 March.

I do not know which dates has got races on, so show me your preferences.

just let me know if huy are cycling the 28th of Feb, strava: Thomas Stemmet