Sabine Spitz and rising star Belomoina will mix it with the Cape Epic favourites

News bot

She’s 43-years-old and still racing among the world’s elite after a career that includes an Olympic gold medal and a Cross Country World Championship title. Her partner has just emerged from the under-23 ranks, is a former age group World Champion and is now ranked fourth best cross country mountain biker in the world.

Click here to view the article

Sounds like it could be a pretty potent team! Sabine is a monster on a bike and I reckon well suited to the Epic... hope her young partner can hang on there, she does seem to have serious potential! Ladies race should be interesting this year!

Mountainbike Bundesliga XC 2015 in Bad Säckingen .
1. Yana Belomoina
2. Helen Grobert
3. Linda Indergand
4. Sabine Spitz
5. Irina Kalentyeva

I think Sabine is going to be the one that holds on. Yana is a super skinny girl though, so possibly Sabine would have a bit more in the tank for the long stuff. But then, look at Sauser...

Yana Belomoina

Born: November 2, 1992 (age 23), Lutsk, Ukraine

Height: 1.64 m

Weight: 46 kg

46 Kilos... :eek: 

1. Yana Belomoina

2. Helen Grobert

3. Linda Indergand

4. Sabine Spitz

5. Irina Kalentyeva

I think Sabine is going to be the one that holds on. Yana is a super skinny girl though, so possibly Sabine would have a bit more in the tank for the long stuff. But then, look at Sauser...

Yana Belomoina

Yip, her weight will give her the edge on tough climbing XC courses... Epics a bit more dirt roads etc though where Sabine is also a powerhouse. Could form a pretty powerful combo! 46kg's though is crazy small... she better eat enough out on the route, can't be much in reserve there  :eek:

1. Yana Belomoina

2. Helen Grobert

3. Linda Indergand

4. Sabine Spitz

5. Irina Kalentyeva

Yana Belomoina

46 kilo's...goodness gracious the Cape winds might be a problem.... :whistling:

46 kilo's...goodness gracious the Cape winds might be a problem.... :whistling:

This is what 46kg looks like. And funny to think that this lass would LAP just about anyone here in an XC race. Twice.

http://xsport.ua/upload/08.14/10697418_789927131069375_63.jpg

This is what 46kg looks like. And funny to think that this lass would LAP just about anyone here in an XC race. Twice.

http://xsport.ua/upload/08.14/10697418_789927131069375_63.jpg[/quote

Clearly she doesn't like food as much as I do! (Said while stuffing my face for the umpteenth time today ????)

Edit:spelling

Edited by Bianchi Baby