Wow looks good. I want. But I think I'll still only keep it at the rear. Personally think it's still not aggressive enough for the front but would need to test it or read a few reviews.

Sadly only 27.5, for now hopefully, I too only saw that after I made this post, my bad, it probably means the Crossmark II has been released recently. I did contact them with regards to 29ers. I will keep you posted!

• 2 years later...

Hi All

Does anyone have an opinion on the Crossmark 2 EXO 2.35 29er now that they have been available for a while?

I am looking to replace my tires and want something strong but also doing a bit of commuting so dont want tires that are too expensive for now. 

Was looking at the Crossmark 2 for front a rear. I would definitely not go with 2.1 on front, but not sure if 2.35 will give enough grip.

Currently have Schwable nobbly nic front and back that came standard with the bike, but they are not snakeskin and I have had too many issues with them as the sidewalls  leak and "soft" punctures that dont seal too well (partly due to lack of sealant maintenance to be fair) .

I love Schwable in general from a performance perspective in general but a bit expensive when adding some commuting into the mix.

I dont need as much grip as the nobbly nic front and back that I am currently running for my type of riding 

If you ever drive through Paarl, let me know. I have a used set of 2.1 Crossmarks just taking up space that you can take off my hands. The one probably has about 500km left, but the other one still has 1000km+ tread left. You can use them at the back and just buy a 2.35 for the front. I switched to Maxxis skinwalls 2.2 ikon at the back and a 2.4 ardent at the front two months ago, and I won't be switching back!! Love the grip of that 2.4 up front on descents! When I commute I just run the pressures a bit higher. Done over 2000km on them now, the Ikon can probably go another 1500km, but the Ardent at least another 3000km.

Thank you for the offer but not keen on the 2.1 

I was considering the Icon / Ardent combo, or Crossmark 2.3 / Ardent combo

I have the cross mark 2 on my anthem. Love it, just feels heavier somehow than the original, although I have no science to back that up.

Crossmark II's are absolutely bullet proof IMHO. Have been running them on my hard tail training bike for a while now. Front and back 2.3 EXO. They are cheap as chips in the Maxxis range and work well tubeless. I see CL has a promo on but it looks like the old Crossmark and not the II'S so not sure of the difference

I miss JB. This would be the point where he moans about how a Swiss flag on a tyre tread is the biggest undercover conspiracy since Armstrong went for a stroll (I'm not talking about Lance)

I saw that, what's up with the pic? Is it a cut and paste job of someone else's tire caus I have not seen it on a Maxxis before. The little yellow emblem next to it is also used by Mavic on some of their tires. Not that Mavic make their own tires as far as I know.

Thanks all

I have pulled the trigger on Icon 2.35 for front and back. Will give feedback on grip when I get them.