BB Crunching

GT_Zaskar

My BB has started with a crunching sound after the breedevalley race on saturday after I cleaned the bike. Sounds like sand in there, but I thought it is a sealed unit?(Merida HFS 3000 2008 model with XT shadow groupset and cranks)

Is this normal or should I take back to my LBS?  I've only had the bike for +-4weeks now and did +-600kmAngry

Any advice will be appreciated!

Mmmmmm aaaahhhhh after 4 weeks it should not really make to many crunching noises but again what did you ride through . Take it back .

Your lbs should be able to sort this prob for you. What happens is that water gets into the frame and onto the axle, This then start a grinding effect. Its not a major job and should be sorted in a matter of minutes.

There is nothing wrong with Shimano product man. If you do'nt know what your talking about be quiet

Sa! Sa! Vat hom Fluffy!

There is nothing wrong with Shimano product man. If you do'nt know what your talking about be quiet

So you haven't heard of Campy then????WinkWinkWinkWinkWink

I 'd rather walk than ride Sh1tmano

There can only be one on an MTB and that is SRAM!!!! so SCRAM!post_button_smiley.gif

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

And Campy do make flatbar shifters that can be used for MTB?ng.  Just not a crank.  For that you use Truvative

haha Sammajoor jy is nou net lus om kuk te praat !!! Ek dink vat sommer vir Dick saam met jou as julle die gebou verlaat .

What I think the problem is is that your frame is not phased(both sides of the frame where the bottom bracket goes in is not 100% parallel to each other and applying pressure on one the BB will make it wear out extremely fast. and will just happen again and again) this usually happens when the frame is not checked before assembly and a millimeter of paint causes the bearings not to go flush onto the frame.

your local bike shop could cut it straight with the correct equipment

hope it solves the problem

Dick & samma, w.t.f? Campy on a mtb??!!Confused Don't want to look like a complete "tietneus" !!

I'll take it to the LBS after the weekend - have to ride!!

Thanks for the input guys!

What I think the problem is is that your frame is not phased(

Faced. When excess paint and metal inperfections are removed.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/images/cyclus%20bb%20shell%20facing%20tool.jpg

Mampara2008-04-25 02:59:08