Ok I think I didn't explain myself well enough in my last post.

Etixx Quick Step are a Belgian team started and run by a Belgian, adopted by a fanatical country whose collective heart beats only for the northern classics, and where any other victory (stage races, etc) is really just secondary. If they're not winning the spring classics then they are 'losing'.

That's what I'm talking about when I say it's like watching Alex Fergusens Man United in their prime not winning a home game in nearly 2 seasons. Their 'home games' are the spring classics and it doesn't matter that they're winning stages at Volta Catalunya or Tirreno - Adriatico. Those are just a side show for this team.

I know they're at the top of the log currently with number of wins. But I'm certain that's scant consolation for Mr. Lefevere right now. As far as he's concerned this season is a failure so far and the only thing that can salvage it is a win in Flanders or P-R.

Yes...agreed. like I said.. they aren't winning the ones they are supposed to win

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A six-man break got green light from the peloton and now has a 1:20 gap with 88 km to go. #3dpk

Just 3 more sleeps...

:clap:

I'm going to be missing out on my annual tradition of 'racing' Flanders on my IDT in front of the big screen telly because I've got a big 5hr+ club ride on Sunday morning.

A bit of a bummer because for me there's no better way to experience the race without actually being there.

Supersport goes live from 12h20 until the finish at around 17h00.

So it's normally about 4.5 hours of racing on the IDT and I can tell you, after hitting every one of those hellingen at 100% trying to stay with the attacks, those last 14 km flat km to the finish line with the bunch chasing behind, can be the longest 14 km of your life!

"The start scene for Ronde van Vlaanderen in central Brugge .... Between 1.5 to 2 million people come out to watch along the 260 km route."

post-22004-0-48434400-1459415862_thumb.jpg

What do you know.. Etixx have a man in there

e64d041ee47cf0606c3ab1e66f7ef1c5.jpg

They have 4, they must be lost. 

My money is anyone not in dark blue winning  :w00t:

They have 4, they must be lost.

My money is anyone not in dark blue winning :w00t:

The other 3 aren't etixx riders.. it's confusing cause their shade of blue is so similar to etixx doesn't help that they also ride Spaz.

They have confused me all week already

Edited by Gen

I'm going to be missing out on my annual tradition of 'racing' Flanders on my IDT in front of the big screen telly because I've got a big 5hr+ club ride on Sunday morning.

A bit of a bummer because for me there's no better way to experience the race without actually being there.

Supersport goes live from 12h20 until the finish at around 17h00.

So it's normally about 4.5 hours of racing on the IDT and I can tell you, after hitting every one of those hellingen at 100% trying to stay with the attacks, those last 14 km flat km to the finish line with the bunch chasing behind, can be the longest 14 km of your life!

Whooohoooooooo

#DePanne #3dpk The whole #TeamKATUSHA works in front with 16 km to go, 31 seconds for the break

BTW. . The etixx rider is no longer I the break.. donno what happened to him

Whooohoooooooo

Don't get too excited they could show 3rd tier german soccer or junior swiss tennis instead, its SS after all. 

#JUSTSTREAMIT