Mountain bike stars aligned for Meerendal showdown

News bot

Ok Suss not a surprise but Jenny? (or was it Robyn). Anyhow both the Ascendis girls not exactly on tge same pace as Ariane in my opinion

true something must've happened, 2nd race with bad luck after Attakwas. Unless she has a new strategy in prep for Epic with the new format & all where there will be no hiding amongst the men, so excited can't wait to follow.

Yip, registration also left a bit to be desired, was turned back when I was scanned in as my board wasn't linked, also excessively long registration queues, with no separate queues for those starting earlier or doing the marathon.

Very poor overall.

Yep, overall a lot of failures, which felt somehow strange at such a high level event. Arrived with 30min to spare and still missed my start... just to collect a sticker for my board.

Then the water points: I am not demanding high standards but there must be water. Running out of water at a day like yesterday is unbelievable. People could have gotten seriously ill from dehydration...

That's an understatement! I should have taken a pic of what we were met with at the second water point - pathetic doesn't even begin to describe!

WP2 was out of water when I went through and I was already dry. Ended up bailing and making my way back to civilisation with a serious case of dehydration. Not lekker :-(

WP2 was out of water when I went through and I was already dry. Ended up bailing and making my way back to civilisation with a serious case of dehydration. Not lekker :-(

Not good to hear stuff like this.

b.t.w, thanks for the guided tour around Hillcrest yesterday.  :thumbup:

Not good to hear stuff like this.

b.t.w, thanks for the guided tour around Hillcrest yesterday.  :thumbup:

You're most welcome and thanks for the company (ps, I think you need to put your mtb back on your hub profile, it's much prettier lol!)

You're most welcome and thanks for the company (ps, I think you need to put your mtb back on your hub profile, it's much prettier lol!)

Just for you, I'll do that.