[Event] 2016 Rudy Project Berge en Dale Classic

the_roadie

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A batch of riders' seeding didn't pull through on the race files. We have printed enough unallocated numbers in A, B and C and will assist these riders at registration in these groups. These batches only have 70 riders each at the moment, so we'll be able to assist everyone whose seeding justifies into these batches, apologies for any inconvenience

A batch of riders' seeding didn't pull through on the race files. We have printed enough unallocated numbers in A, B and C and will assist these riders at registration in these groups. These batches only have 70 riders each at the moment, so we'll be able to assist everyone whose seeding justifies into these batches, apologies for any inconvenience

How can we be assured that people will be allocated in their correct group when they go for a re-seeding? Otherwise it will be a first come first serve exercise and then guys going through during lunchtime can only get into group D

Can you please please sort this seeding issue out.. 

I'm not doing this event, but from what I can gather from the feedback of other races, is that ASG is not very good at organising events.

Especially there seeding is a mess.

I also had issues with my seeding at Satellite Classic, but was lucky enough to get reseeded.

Somebody needs to get fired at ASG.

Asg this is absolute nonsence. you charge us a fortune, then stuff up the seeding and only have registration at krugersdorp. We have full time jobs and at best can ask a messenger to collect our numbers, have no chance of travelling out there to fix your bugger up. You have the detail on your Site so pleae fix this so that we get the correct numbers. You even seesed a lady in VB!

The seeding IS a complete balls up, and the event organiser can't do much about it as they don't have access to the biggest database currently controlled by Cycle Events/PPA/CTCTT., so events are limited to their own database.

About the placing of riders in GL/HL when the seeding value appears lower just doesn't make sense, and they should get it right.

I know and understand everyone's frustration with it and I know the only solution is for our provincial body to step in and DEMAND that all race organisers share their results so we have one single database for all GP events. All races then use this database.

I have a lot on my plate at the moment with the 3rd biggest GP event coming up in 3 weeks, plus a few other smaller races in April and through the winter. I have another allie to help address basic problems our provincial Union should be addressing, and plan to discuss our way forward to address this with Gauteng Cycling.

On the agenda will be:

Provincial seeding

Number collection

Permanent numbers

Race calendar (nothing currently available)

Communication.

Lots of people complain but few step up to make themselves heard. That must change otherwise we keep accepting this below par BS.

Thank you G,

South African cycling REALLY needs more folk like you!

Dear ASG,

Why are number collections only in Krugersdorp?

Does this mean you really couldn't give a damn about riders in the East, South and North of Joburg?

I eagerly await your reply.

Kidest Regards

Wez-O

R345 race entry and this is what you guys get.

#ASGFeesmustfall ... its getting ridiculous. :huh:

Vaarktjops!  I'm glad I did not enter, it would have cost me R690 for the tandem - No road closure

Same here, my second name apparently Robert!!

Me too. and I'm in GL.

Cant wait to meet all the other Roberts....GL is going to be HUGE

R345 race entry and this is what you guys get.

#ASGFeesmustfall ... its getting ridiculous. :huh:

Emperor's is also getting so expensive, almost the same price as 947 but no road closure.