[Event] Dis-Chem Ride For Sight 2016

HBO

on another note, 

is it worth doing the 116km race?

for some reason it seems as though a lot of guys i cycle with are moving from the 116 to the 62 km race

it's really not that challenging if you just going to "ride" through it. I did the 116km last year for the first time, it was my longest ride ever at the time, prior to this was 947 and when I did the R4S I was only cycling for 4 months.

Challenge yourself, do the 116km.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year was also same weekend as SA's. But still the regulars were there. Thinks VETS SA's during week so they back the weekend.

Exact same day as the Vets road races at SAs. (Sunday the 14th)

Actually very sad to miss this, one of my favorite routes. I wish CSA could plan this stuff better, last year there was no clash, 2013 SAs clashed with Berge en Dale.

They have a set weekend of the year for it, so why not leave that date open, there was a open weekend on the 23/24th, so they could have moved all those races dates up by one weekend.

But, o well, next year i can race it again hopefully.

How do you have a seeding below the minimum to enter VETs if you havent raced much?

I have done a few events not nothing. So will see if my seeding is good enough for vets.

I entered for Vets but if seeding not good enough they just place you in the open groups.

Did R4S, Wilro , D2D last year. Unfortunately had a fall and mechanical in 94.7 so only these times to be used for seeding.

Exact same day as the Vets road races at SAs. (Sunday the 14th)

Ok, Sorry man. Well enjoy SA's then.

They should have SA's on the same weekend as the Fun ride World Champs, seeing that CSA want to sanction licensed riders if they take part.

Yoh that would be a tough choice for many. Imagine how the complaints would fly then. There are just certain races for me that would take preference over SA's. Your race, This race and CTCT are the main ones. So if SA's was this weekend I wouldn't have had to organise my toppie to trek all the way out to krugersdorp to pick up a piece of paper.

Is anyone doing the Half marathon on Mountain Bikes ? or is this a pure road bike race

Attempting half marathon with the mtb

Im doing the 62km as its my first road race since 947.. It will also be my first race with a road bike as I did the 947 on a mountain bike..

I tried to find a route profile for the 62km.. but the only one i could find was for the 2013 event where the route was different.

Anyone have a route profile? It does not seem to hilly ?

Yoh that would be a tough choice for many. Imagine how the complaints would fly then. There are just certain races for me that would take preference over SA's. Your race, This race and CTCT are the main ones. So if SA's was this weekend I wouldn't have had to organise my toppie to trek all the way out to krugersdorp to pick up a piece of paper.

I'd add the two Durban classics to the list due to the nature of the route as well as full road closure.

14 Feb is going to be a buggerup for SA cycling? SA Champs, Rout 66 and R4S all on the same day!! Thats K@K planning.

No man all the good guys at Sa's so go for a cat podium :)

Still gonna be fast though

Im doing the 62km as its my first road race since 947.. It will also be my first race with a road bike as I did the 947 on a mountain bike..

I tried to find a route profile for the 62km.. but the only one i could find was for the 2013 event where the route was different.

Anyone have a route profile? It does not seem to hilly ?

310m Elevation so not too hilly

post-7-0-11624800-1454520919_thumb.jpg

Entered , my first road race in 2 years, super excited. lets hope for a sub 3 on the 110km

Edit 116km thanks Scotty ;)

Edited by R.Smith