Telkom speedster, Hoffmann, takes his first scalp of 2016

News bot

The Value Logistics FastOne was just that. A fast paced 46km/h race duelled out by the sprinters in the South African Pro Cycling peloton. The usual cat and mouse tactics played out over the 96km race held in the South of Gauteng, but as expected, it would come down to a "mano y mano" sprinters match and Team Telkom set their fast man, Nolan Hoffmann, up perfectly to take the win ahead of Roadcover's Clint Hendricks. WVE Academy rider, Steven van Heerden rounded off the podium for third.

Click here to view the article

Still, not concerned with ex doper results.

Truly an insightful and thought provoking  response. Thank you for providing a balanced and fair view on the rehabilitation of a professional sportsman.

Surely the underlying assumption is that the rehabilitation process was a success. If you didnt believe that then you way as well assume the entire sport is dirty and broken and then please explain why you feel the need to follow news pertaining to the pro peloton?

Doping is terrible. Agreed. But so is your stance towards the implemented punishment and re-integration of those who **** up. You say you are not concerned with an EX-doper, yet you feel the need to pass remark in a public space. Surely if you weren't concerned this would be a non-issue in your life?

He was bust for steroids so got the benefit of becoming stronger which you could argue is still benefitting him now !

A doper is a doper period !

WTF is rehab from steroid abuse ! Should have got life ban

Exactly what @Bolt67 said. 
Steroids are the gift that keeps on giving. 

I don't care how many tears a doper shed after they got caught. 'Rehabilitation' is lovely - so you don't do it again. You did it once, and so you are a cheat. and a lier. 

Thanks, but no thanks.  I'm with @TheJ and @bolt67

Thanks @pe3nguin for your lovely passive-agressive response. Worth noting that

a) A view may be expressed without substantiation , on any social forum - its a discourse, not the Inquisition.

b) The underlying assumption that rehabilitation was a success is YOUR underlying assumption. Please don't be so arrogant as to apply your assumptions to the rest of us. 

c) Why the hell should anyone explain why they follow news they follow, just becase you disagree with the view they hold?

d) Not being concerned with an 'ex-doper's' results means that we ain't gonna be clapping and ululating for this particular winner. Doesn't mean the someone is not interested in/ concerned with the results in general. 

Please give some consideration to your mindless ranting before you put it out in public and embarrass yourself. .

Would that include races like TDF and Giro. 

Should be super easy to include such a feature. Exclude news articles that have certain keywords in them. The article above seems to have "Nolan Hoffmann" and "Team Telkom" as keywords. So I'll just add "Hoffmann" to the list, and poof, gone. Come on Admin, easy.

waaaahaaaaa rehabilitating ex dopers. Gee my krag

Their results are cheap. And yes this incl the international scene.

+1

Agree with the majority view here.

You "rehabilitate" when you fall and break your leg. Not from using steroids, and yes this does benefit you long after you have stopped using.

The bans need to be much stricter, take the match fixing case where CSA gave Bodi a 20year ban from anything cricket related. I would like to see similar sanctions in cycling, that would send a stronger message than these slaps on the wrists given currently.

waaaahaaaaa rehabilitating ex dopers. Gee my krag

Their results are cheap. And yes this incl the international scene.

New generation

Clean peloton

Etc