New road bike for tri's

Crossmonster

And if you stay outside of the draft zone, your fellow athletes' inability to ride straight shouldn't pose a problem  :whistling:

:blush:  :eek:  :whistling:  :P 

Rules for triathlon will change this year - apparently.

Anything 5150 and under will be draft legal, thus no tribikes or tribars allowed. Already implemented in the ITU international races last year.

Maybe someone in the know can confirm..... but this means proper tribikes will only be for the hardcore amongst us...

This surprises me.

5150 is a private event governed by its own rules so they can do what they like.

Any ITU sanctioned event can choose to be either Olympic (drafting permitted) or Standard format (non drafting). Both formats are 1.5/40/10km. Provincial, National and World Champs events for age groupers are all non drafting currently.

I can understand the benefits of making elite events drafting from a spectator point of view but it would seriously depreciate the value of an event to age groupers moving to drafting permitted.

Plus the tri bike industry would fight it tooth and nail.

Go for the Fuji, road bike will already feel like a racing car compared to doing it on the mtb.

Tri was the reason I got a roadie to begin with and its nice being able to do road races too.

• 3 months later...

So I got the Fuji, looks really neat.

First impression, remember this was my first ride ever on a road bike, and it's really uncomfortable.

But boy is it fast!! Just a quick 15k ride to my swim I managed a 27km/h average. I've never seen that on my MTB with slicks hybrid.

I guess with a proper fit and some time in the saddle I'm hoping I'll get used to it and it'll get comfortable. 

post-26104-0-70038000-1462439732_thumb.jpg

First impression, remember this was my first ride ever on a road bike, and it's really uncomfortable.

But boy is it fast!! Just a quick 15k ride to my swim I managed a 27km/h average. I've never seen that on my MTB with slicks hybrid.

I guess with a proper fit and some time in the saddle I'm hoping I'll get used to it and it'll get comfortable. 

Awesome to see!! Congrats on the bike.

I had those rims on my Scott, bullet proof.

The first thing you need to do is tilt those handle bars up a little , they should not be pointing down like that, it will help the comfort straight away.

Thats a lot of bike for 5K!! Enjoy being a roadie :D

Edited by Pure Savage

Congrats on the bike and many safe miles.  I am currently busy with the same exercise of finding a suitable road bike for doing tri!

A fit will help but you also get used to it being a harsher ride than a mtb.

See I told you roadies are fast!

• 5 months later...

Very nice!! And congrats. Where did you buy it?