Floor Pump

ZeroPlay

My trusty floor pump, bought 20 years ago, expired and I need to get a replacement before Sunday.  Can you recommend a good one, please?

I use it for both road and MTB tyres.

Thanks.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love my Parktool, has valve thingy's for both, don't need to swap it or anything. I can't remember where I bought it from... sorry...

Finally.. a lekker Pomp thread...

nothing like a Pomp thread to take the focus off mechanical doping, blood doping, and okes penelling their wifes.

Personally, I have had very good service from my PRO Touring floorpump for a number of years now. Have even inflated my car tyre a couple of times to the dismay of my triceps.

Just bought a new POMP yesterday - without giving it a test POMP before purchase.  Never, ever do that - I am so disappointed in my new POMP, and now I am stuck with it.

BTW it's a Giant POMP.

What puts me off most of these pumps is the adapter that connects to the valve.  Most have the rubber grommet that just presses over the valve and when it wears out you struggle to inflate your wheel.  The Birzman pumps have a metal adapter called an apogee or something like that, that effortlessly clips onto the valve and makes inflating the wheel child's play.  Just love using my Birzman.

What puts me off most of these pumps is the adapter that connects to the valve.  Most have the rubber grommet that just presses over the valve and when it wears out you struggle to inflate your wheel.  The Birzman pumps have a metal adapter called an apogee or something like that, that effortlessly clips onto the valve and makes inflating the wheel child's play.  Just love using my Birzman.

Hence why i bought the Lezyne, you have to screw the adapter onto the valve. 

Slight hijack but I know there is a method to do a DIY modification using an in-line coke bottle as a kind of reservoir when trying to inflate a tubeless setup without a compressor. Builds pressure I suppose which can be used in one big burst, or something. 

Does this ring a bell with anybody????