FD extender for non-round big blade (Rotor, Osymmetric etc)

Red_Zebra

I have a direct mount front derailleur on my TT bike and at the moment I have a non-round ring running 52 teeth. This BARELY fits at the point of maximum adjusted diameter... (relatively 54/55 teeth).

Problem:

I want a bigger front chainring... and it will be non-round.

It's a personal preference based on my knees, hips, crank lengths, experience, marketing hype and placebo effect... So no opinions on this - thanks.

None of the non-rounds fit - and I believe I need an adjuster like the images. This spacer moves the FD backwards, and thus I can get a bigger blade on.

I can find some online in the UK but for GBP30... plus shipping, postal inefficiencies etc...

I have contacted Rotor directly for the part - no reply yet, but I fear this part may be near R1,000.

Any alternative or 'Ghetto' solutions?

post-35334-0-37756000-1454430005_thumb.jpg

post-35334-0-48732800-1454430048_thumb.jpg

Rotor you dont need it. O symmteric supplies this with the set of rings. I still have mne laying around somewhere

Rotor you dont need it. O symmteric supplies this with the set of rings. I still have mne laying around somewhere

I don't suppose you're Gauteng based?

• 1 month later...