Can anyone derail Annika and Ariane?

News bot

mmmmmm nope! Maybe if Suss finds a partner as strong as herself

I reckon Catherine Williamson & Suss is good enough to dethrone A & A, this year.

Robyn de Groot... She on form this year!

She and Jenny Stenerhager failed to convert an hour long lead over Team Langhans (Annika's nickname for them) into a win. They'll have a good crack at it again this year but imho will fall short again.

One has to fancy Team Spur Specialized. They know how to win the Epic and will not be to overtake as the best ladies team in the race.

The bigger question is how close will the racing be now that they have their own start group?

Racing will be different now that the ladies all start together each day. So leaders can't sit in with the fastest men and get a nice tow while those further back start with slower riders and have to pass more riders.

Racing will be different now that the ladies all start together each day. So leaders can't sit in with the fastest men and get a nice tow while those further back start with slower riders and have to pass more riders.

Agree. Should be quit interesting. But saw them racing the Epic last year, they were in a class of their own. SUPER strong. 

Can anyone derail Annika and Ariane?

Yolandie DeVilliers & co....providing they are allowed to use any means possible.. ????

One has to fancy Team Spur Specialized. They know how to win the Epic and will not be to overtake as the best ladies team in the race.

The bigger question is how close will the racing be now that they have their own start group?

Good point! However I think this plays into Langvad and co's favor. They are in a different league so bar any mechanicals they will have an ever bigger winning margin. Even if De Groot and Stenerhag in best form of their life they don't have the mental toughness to beat them. If they had they would have won with the 1hr advantage as mentioned by someone

Good point! However I think this plays into Langvad and co's favor. They are in a different league so bar any mechanicals they will have an ever bigger winning margin. Even if De Groot and Stenerhag in best form of their life they don't have the mental toughness to beat them. If they had they would have won with the 1hr advantage as mentioned by someone

Afaik Ariane's training had been hampered by the search for a sponsor for this year. Fortunately she found one in Spur. Despite this she got a third at Barberton iirc. She and Annika make a good team and have decent attitudes. And at the Epic you need that.

Still think the racing will be closer because of the new start batch and Adelheid Morath & partner will not be easy beats either. It's a good strong field but I still reckon Team Langhans is good for a threepeat barring injury or mechanicals.

The format for the ladies race is different this year.. start in their own batch which should even out the race a bit.. hope so and hope it's very well contested