Helderberg Farms anticipates round 2 of Stihl 2016 SA XCO Cup Series

News bot

After an overwhelming response and a fantastic day of racing at the first leg, it is without doubt that this year’s Stihl 2016 SA MTB Cup XCO Series will be one for the books. Online pre-entries for the second round, taking place outside just Somerset West on Helderberg Farm in the Western Cape on Saturday 27 February are now open.

Click here to view the article

Parking and permits (R50) at Helderberg Farm, sign posted off R44 close to Somerset West. Trails are marked from the Bluegum forest just behind the coffee shop. More XC trails than DH, just stay away from double black diamond if not comfortable with jumps - you can expect some gap jumps on those. Red, green and blue trails don't have gaps. Black single diamond has steep rock gardens. Be aware of 4x4's - there are one or two trail crossings. Try not to hang around on the take off or landing of the DH jumps - riders often come in a very fast leaving almost no time to stop. Rule #1 - #10: Lookee 1st, ridee after.