Two cyclists killed in KZN

Vetseun

I believe in Karma and that he’ll get hit by a tragedy far worse than this.

Perhaps relook the meaning of Karma...

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps relook the meaning of Karma...

In as simple terms as possible? - Getting what you deserve? Both positive and negative!

i need to find closure for myself...not on social media...out of respect to others who are are grieving...i will not be making any more comments with regards to this incident.

Edited by eccc whippet

I am at a point where i just want to hear the truth...there are 6 people out there who know exactly what happened that morning... and can answer all the questions... I am considering putting up a R20 000 reward for  anyone of them to come forward and tell the truth......

There are literally so many (currently) unanswered questions and clearly a much bigger back-story than any of us could guess at.

Nothing to do with this accident, but I was watching a "Bad Drivers" video on YouTube the other evening and in it there was a CCTV clip of someone reversing on a freeway after missing an off-ramp. They caused 2 separate trucks to crash and countless other vehicles to almost crash before they escaped unharmed up the off-ramp. In this particular case there were other witnesses with nothing to hide who could explain the accident, but what if it was at a time of the day when there were no other witnesses around and the truck driver was killed? Without CCTV you would never know about the car in question and the accident would just be "inexplicable". Stuff happenes all the time and without hard evidence or someone willing to tell the truth, people get away with murder. Literally.

Maybe one day someone with nothing to lose will come forward and tell the truth re the Durban tragedy, but I won't hold my breath :-(

A free man...from a poor plumber who apparently couldnt afford his bail because he was supporting his parents ...to a cleared businessman who apparently payed his lawyer and court fees upfront...eeeeish ...that is all i can say...stop the lies ...wearing a cross on your hand does make it right.

maybe someone should get the truth out of all the people involved in this accident...from both vehicles involved ...the ones who ran away from the crime scene and the ones who drove away after fighting over Jareds body as he lay face down still alive.

One thing that will stick with me for the rest of my life...while sitting with Jared i said to him "everything is going to be OK" at that point the medic looked up at me and shook his head...maybe a towel and a lot of water would help discover the truth.

IF Jared didnt go for a piss that morning ...this accident would have killed more of us.

I wonder if he remembers going down on one knee... with one hand on the middle of Jareds back and the other on his shoulder...wearing his purple golf shirt...blue jeans...black takkies with white around the shoe...his mate standing next to him with the same shoes but green laces...the look on his face actually looked like he was remorseful of what he had done...he didnt have the cross on his hand that morning.

https://www.timeslive.co.za/news/south-africa/2019-10-11-durban-businessman-cleared-after-deaths-of-two-cyclists/?fbclid=IwAR2DbQwS85C28LqjkEH4v5-CsMkRgFCpqQ7433AYR6NCr4keWPXLl9EqEck

Whippet ,

this post of yours brought tears to my eyes .

I hope you and everyone else involved can somehow find peace .

My prayers go out to all the cyclists , families and friends who have had to endure this journey .

So yesterday, I was driving down a road frequented by weekend cyclists, and there was a group of road riders ahead of me. (forget the fact that only 1 out of the bunch of around 12-16 cyclists actually stopped for the red light for a moment). As I was passing them, I watched the leader of the bunch swerve in and out of the yellow line, pointing out obstacles to the rest of the bunch behind her. I gave them due consideration and space.

Queue my my wife who comments to her dad, "what are they doing, and why are they even riding here? They don't belong on this road!" By this stage, the in-laws were full-blown anti cyclist in my car, with me driving. I actually had to shake my head and remind them that I ride that road every so often myself! The next 15 minutes was spent listening to the sound of tyres on tar, and the soft grumble of the engine.

I don't think non-cyclists "get" it, and they never will. To them, cyclists somehow cease to be human. Yesterday was a frightening shock to me. Even my own wife doesn't seem to get it.

This makes me sick. A miscarriage of justice indeed. 

I think some consolation for the families would be to sue the SAPS and Justice Minister for the incompetence and bungling of the case.

Really, a sad day for justice.... 

Edited by wiledog_x

So yesterday, I was driving down a road frequented by weekend cyclists, and there was a group of road riders ahead of me. (forget the fact that only 1 out of the bunch of around 12-16 cyclists actually stopped for the red light for a moment). As I was passing them, I watched the leader of the bunch swerve in and out of the yellow line, pointing out obstacles to the rest of the bunch behind her. I gave them due consideration and space.

Queue my my wife who comments to her dad, "what are they doing, and why are they even riding here? They don't belong on this road!" By this stage, the in-laws were full-blown anti cyclist in my car, with me driving. I actually had to shake my head and remind them that I ride that road every so often myself! The next 15 minutes was spent listening to the sound of tyres on tar, and the soft grumble of the engine.

I don't think non-cyclists "get" it, and they never will. To them, cyclists somehow cease to be human. Yesterday was a frightening shock to me. Even my own wife doesn't seem to get it.

This showcases the typical attitude of the majority of South Africans - there is no care for life in general. Everything is about the individual and how it impacts them, no matter what happens to everyone else.

It's not just cyclists, it's pedestrians, people on motorbikes etc. etc. complete lawlessness has taken over and everyone knows that they can get away with it due to the terrible policing or the payment of a bribe. There are no consequences for actions...

This makes me sick. A miscarriage of justice indeed.

I think some consolation for the families would be to sue the SAPS and Justice Minister for the incompetence and bungling of the case.

Really, a sad day for justice....

And a class action law suite from the families against the killer for all loss and pain suffered?

https://www.iol.co.za/ios/news/man-accused-of-killing-two-m4-cyclists-cleared-on-appeal-34679985

I'm confused.

Was there actually a rock in his car, that would have done this?

This story of the rock only came up at the appeal?

Utter bull$H1T.

Bitter pill to have to swallow as a community of cyclists.

This defense story is contrived hogwash, and it got the bastard off. The SA judicial system is flawed

Utter bull$H1T.

Bitter pill to have to swallow as a community of cyclists.

This defense story is contrived hogwash, and it got the bastard off. The SA judicial system is flawed

As the judge said, the police on the scene were a disgrace. I think that judge was happy to put him away

The irony is that its only when tou ride a bike that you really understand the brutality of our roads.

As the judge said, the police on the scene were a disgrace. I think that judge was happy to put him away

Agreed, but if the evidence isn't there, there is nothing that the judge can do.