Wiggle to buy Chain Reaction Cycles?

Nick

means the whole watson family who owns CRC is bowing out of the business.

Nick: what's the spread of local purchases between CRC, Wiggle, Evans etc? Run a poll perhaps?

Edited by Capricorn

Never found Wiggles prices to be as good as CRC or other UK online.

Wiggle are huge by comparison and world wide.

Will be interesting to see if prices adjust or whether they are just buying the CRC to minimise the competition

Never found Wiggles prices to be as good as CRC or other UK online.

As well. ISn't CRC still privately owned? That'll be a healthy pay day for the pair of them. Great success story. 

I stopped using CRC after they sent 2 orders with used parts.

off the top of your head in percentage terms: how many times did they get it wrong versus the total number of purchases you've made from?

off the top of your head in percentage terms: how many times did they get it wrong versus the total number of purchases you've made from?

Mine: 8 Years, 1 Mistake, sent normal shipping when DHL was selected. Gave me a credit for additional charge and a tenner to say sorry.

They never got any orders wrong and i used them from 2009.

They sent me a worn cassette and chain and then next order was a used seat post that was scratched.

I never minded that the parts were taken off bikes and shipped i plastic bags but used isn't on.

They did sort both the orders out though :thumbup:

I don't like this.  :thumbdown:

I have always liked CRC and how their site works.

Only once was (actually DHL) there a bols-up and my handlebar went to Kim Jong Un. 

It was rectified within a week.

Personal subjective thing . . . I just do not like Wiggle's site  layout and there is not ZAR currency option.  

Personally, the only time CRC got it 'wrong', was when they included stuff in my parcel that wasn't ordered by me. Once they let me keep it, the other times i had to send it back, presumably because the cost of the items. But they covered all shipping costs fully.

I think i've had more issues with CRC orders thanks to DHL than CRC themselves.

I've never ordered from any of the other UK based online cycling retailers. The only other outfits i deal with on a fairly consistent basis are the Germans.

Once in a while, I'll order something from the USA. Shipping is often lethal though.

The only other outfits i deal with on a fairly consistent basis are the Germans.

Would you mind posting a link to some of "zee German" retailers please ?

I feel the need to check them out for some parts .

Edited by IH8MUD

Would you mind posting a link to some of "zee German" retailers please ?

I feel the need to check them out for some parts .

I can recommend Jedi Sports, bought a few things from them. One of them lived in Zim for a while, so English is very good and prices are 'negotiable' for southern Africans!!!!

They'll also give you a VAT certificate, if you are going to Europe, so you can claim 20% (I think) back.

http://jedi-sports.de/index.php?language=en

Edited by HeyYou