Online store errors - Good and bad experiences - No bashing

Vetplant

Many of us have had some experience of an online store making an error either in price or description.

The first example that springs to mind is a recent poster who tried to pick up a SRAM Red groupset(current CRC price = R20k) for R300, because that was the listed price. :ph34r:

I am having an interesting discussion with an online store where about R800 worth of accesories is in play (I paid R1200 for what was advertised as a "complete kit", but it turns out it was an error on their side, which has since been corrected but I took screenshots as proof beforehand). They are currently trying to sound very accommodating, "it is the suppliers that don't have stock, thus that we cant send you those accessories". :whistling:

Problem is, they have no E&OE disclaimer anywhere on the offer. Otherwise they could have told me they cannot honour the deal, and offer me a 20% discount on my next purchase as a way to apologise. I spoke to a friend in "the know" and he says online stores have no obligation to honour a mistake on a listing as long as they have clearly posted a E&OE(Errors and Ommisions excluded) notice. Funny how one line of text can put you in a more powerful negotiation position. :devil:

What are some of your good and bad experiences?

How do we as consumers work with these mistakes that will happen going forward. It is a fine balance between standing up for your consumer rights and trying to nail the online stores running on a sometimes tight margin?

This is not intended as a post to bash the retailers, so lets keep the sites anonymous and rather discuss the good steps the stores took and when to know when to let go.

When you get given the wrong change by a cashier what do you do?

Only a crook would not tell the cashier and expect to keep the money.

Same thing with obvious mistakes buying online.

I bought a "new" set of wheels during a sale.

when I got them they were full of stans left overs (so not new as advertised).

after some moer stripping the wheels were returned and I got a refund