Stan’s NoTubes introduces high-performance Race Sealant

News bot

You got to love marketing . . . 

Would this "Race Sealant" still work if the rider is commuting or doing a recovery ride and not racing . . ?  :ph34r: 

Pity it only "virtually" eliminate flats and not actually or really.  

Tubeless is the single best innovation to cycling ever. Just realized this again on the weekend - went through a serious bundle of "skaap dorings". Both wheels were covered. Slight pft then sealed nicely.

So what is different with this race version?

Tubeless is the single best innovation to cycling ever. Just realized this again on the weekend - went through a serious bundle of "skaap dorings". Both wheels were covered. Slight pft then sealed nicely.

you should try dropper post :ph34r:

From the article:

The key difference is the amount and type of sealing crystals used in creating Race Sealant. With nearly twice the amount of our standard sealing crystals, plus additional "XL" crystals capable of sealing even larger punctures, Race Sealant is designed for maximum sealing power. The combination of new larger and more smaller crystals interlock to form a lattice work that not only seals punctured tires faster but also strengthens and reinforces them.

Racers love our Race Sealant because it’s lighter, works faster, and seals even larger punctures.

"Stan's Race Sealant allows us to use less sealant and get the same performance,” said current U.S. Cross Country and Short Track Mountain Bike National Champion Chloe Woodruff of the Stan’s NoTubes-Pivot Team. “Race Sealant gives us an edge over the competition because it's lighter and highly effective.”

Race Sealant is different from our traditional sealant in that it must be installed directly into the tire. The quantity and size of its crystals in our new special formula will clog injectors and smaller bottles almost immediately.

All ya all naysayers can say what you want, but Stans is a must. Or, if you prefer to be a bit more neutral, tubeless sealant. Where I stay there are PLENTY of thorns and even more so on the cycle paths. Without the tubeless conversion and Stans sealant many a ride would have finished with me pushing my bike to the car or home.

It is the SINGLE most frustrating thing about review bikes and a "mod" I will not go without. 

Whatever the cost, at 3 cups every 4 - 6 months it lasts long enough and adds enough value to every ride that it's worth it for me. 

From the article:

The key difference is the amount and type of sealing crystals used in creating Race Sealant. With nearly twice the amount of our standard sealing crystals, plus additional "XL" crystals capable of sealing even larger punctures, Race Sealant is designed for maximum sealing power. The combination of new larger and more smaller crystals interlock to form a lattice work that not only seals punctured tires faster but also strengthens and reinforces them.

Racers love our Race Sealant because it’s lighter, works faster, and seals even larger punctures.

"Stan's Race Sealant allows us to use less sealant and get the same performance,” said current U.S. Cross Country and Short Track Mountain Bike National Champion Chloe Woodruff of the Stan’s NoTubes-Pivot Team. “Race Sealant gives us an edge over the competition because it's lighter and highly effective.”

Race Sealant is different from our traditional sealant in that it must be installed directly into the tire. The quantity and size of its crystals in our new special formula will clog injectors and smaller bottles almost immediately.

All ya all naysayers can say what you want, but Stans is a must. Or, if you prefer to be a bit more neutral, tubeless sealant. Where I stay there are PLENTY of thorns and even more so on the cycle paths. Without the tubeless conversion and Stans sealant many a ride would have finished with me pushing my bike to the car or home.

It is the SINGLE most frustrating thing about review bikes and a "mod" I will not go without.

Whatever the cost, at 3 cups every 4 - 6 months it lasts long enough and adds enough value to every ride that it's worth it for me.

Sincere apologies. I didn't read the article. So it's pretty much like USN's oxygenated water......

I have no idea what slime/sealant my lbs used for the last replacement. But it sure does work! The wheels were properly covered in thorns. Pressure still fine three days later.

Stan, enough blah, blah, blah.

Find me something that can seal my tubbies, or give me your Grannie's number to unpick, fix and restitch them.

Stans management decides to re-read marketing 101, then realise the Stans formulation is getting a little dated. Then the light goes on! Add a few XL supa bits to the goo, slap race in front of the name on the bottle, charge a 40% premium, PROFIT!!!

Been using slime for the last yr or so, doesn't seal quite as quick as Stans but it still works perfectly and never dries out, cheaper too. Actually if Stans didn't disappear into the ether so quickly I'd still use it but the price combined with the continuous maintenance required equals not so leke exe.

Sincere apologies. I didn't read the article. So it's pretty much like USN's oxygenated water......

I have no idea what slime/sealant my lbs used for the last replacement. But it sure does work! The wheels were properly covered in thorns. Pressure still fine three days later.

I would guess it's like most race high end stuff. Lighter, but more admin for the mechanic. You probably need to refill every few rides.

Ja, if it works. But the moment it stops working....

My vote is for hydraulic disk brakes.