Westdene Cycles - A breath of fresh air

PregoRoll

Howzit Hubbers.

Westdene Cycles has always had the reputation of "go there if you want a good price, not if you want advice".

This is soon to change, I will be taking over the management of the store and all things related during March this year, and will be looking to change up most of the store from bringing back electronic bike set ups to keeping a wider range of products and stock as well as doing weekly specials.

I need your valuable feedback on the store to start fixing some of the major issues as soon as I step in the door. I understand that the workshop and salesman knowledge is not up to scratch and will be the first place that I start. 

If Westdene has done you wrong and ruined your buying experience I ask you to please try us again once we are settled. 

Many thanks all! 

Keep the rubber side down.

Regards

George Wohlters

I was there last Monday to buy a bike. I called in and the guy on the phone was extremely helpful and confirmed they had the bike, size I was looking for and the price which was excellent. 

The Guy watching the car was awesome. Salesman was crap but that didn't matter too much as I knew what I wanted. Asked about tubeless and got some long story. I wasn't asking coz I wanted to know how, I was asking coz I wanted it done at the time but after his story I paid and left, which is sad coz I ended up going to another bike shop and spending money on other stuff that I needed. So yeah, Good place to start is the salesman.

I was there last Monday to buy a bike. I called in and the guy on the phone was extremely helpful and confirmed they had the bike, size I was looking for and the price which was excellent. 

The Guy watching the car was awesome. Salesman was crap but that didn't matter too much as I knew what I wanted. Asked about tubeless and got some long story. I wasn't asking coz I wanted to know how, I was asking coz I wanted it done at the time but after his story I paid and left, which is sad coz I ended up going to another bike shop and spending money on other stuff that I needed. So yeah, Good place to start is the salesman.

Many thanks for your feedback lyslexic.

That is my first stop.

All the best 

Awesome stuff, good luck, Westdene is my LBS, just down the road from home.

My brother and I both worked at Westdene for at least a year during our schooling years. The store definitely needs some upgrades and touch ups to compete with all the new guys in the bizz, it's starting to look really dated, but please keep the test 'Trail' on the upstairs floor, make it better though.

Good luck once again, I'm you'll get to know me as I do walk into the store quite often.

Edited by Catatonic_Joe

Knowledge of parts.

A while ago was looking for the complete axle as one of the cones were damaged. Went to the store and showed them a sample. I was given a part that looks about 90% the same. I told them it would not work as my bike is not one of these Makro specials and only then they proceeded to look at the genuine Shimano parts. This was not only limited to Westdene as many other bike shops didn't know either and also offered some sort of generic part.

Good luck.

Awesome stuff, good luck, Westdene is my LBS, just down the road from home.

My brother and I both worked at Westdene for at least a year during our schooling years. The store definitely needs some upgrades and touch ups to compete with all the new guys in the bizz, it's starting to look really dated, but please keep the test 'Trail' on the upstairs floor, make it better though.

Good luck once again, I'm you'll get to know me as I do walk into the store quite often.

I might know you then? :P I started a few months before good old Stuart left. 

Will me awesome to have some insight from someone else who understands the complex nature of Westdene :P

Nice having you back at the shop after a long sabbatical young man - now go and shave the face as a GM needs to look the part :whistling:

Will chat at the shop

Gary

The beard looks the part Gary  :whistling:

Didnt you know ive converted?  :P   check you there bud!

Keep the rubber side down

George 

Hi George.

I have dealt with Farid since 1987 when I was in high school, and I must say that he is wonderful.

I also think that what you are doing will add a different , and well needed dimension to the shop.

All the best.

Garth

Very cool to see a shop with so much history growing with the times.

I can remember my dad taking me there as a kid to go look at bikes and by me endless amounts of tubes and parts for the bikes i owned.

Will definitely be popping in to see how things are coming along. 

Keep up the good work.

D

Very cool to see a shop with so much history growing with the times.

I can remember my dad taking me there as a kid to go look at bikes and by me endless amounts of tubes and parts for the bikes i owned.

Will definitely be popping in to see how things are coming along. 

Keep up the good work.

D

Howzit bud, 

Could I set up a meeting with you when im in store?

Want to start keeping your range, Love my Wonder Ring I collected from you.

All the best

George 

Hi George.

I have dealt with Farid since 1987 when I was in high school, and I must say that he is wonderful.

I also think that what you are doing will add a different , and well needed dimension to the shop.

All the best.

Garth

Awesome Garth!

Let me know when your in store, will be awesome to meet you!

All the best

George 

I might know you then? :P I started a few months before good old Stuart left. 

Will me awesome to have some insight from someone else who understands the complex nature of Westdene :P

Was also there not long before he left, I used to work upstairs with him and Ozzie, will come say hi next time I'm there. 

• 2 weeks later...

Have found wesdene cycles to be reasonably good and dealing with Farid is a pleasure. However I have learned not to let sales people call me back, that return call never comes. Other than that decent pricing and some good deals on bikes.

Hey, thats my LBS. 

Always a pleasure dealing with Farid. 

I have bought a fair amount of cycling equipment from them. 

Very competitive prices.

They were good when I made a warantee claim on my bike. 

Sorted within a week and did not charge to rebuild my bike.

I Don't usually deal with the sales people. I usually just look for Farid who sorts me out.

Will look you up next time im around.

Good luck.