Protests in Sabie lead to potential postponement of Ashburton Investments National MTB Series race

News bot

The violent protests that are raging in Sabie have put the Sabie Ashburton Investments National MTB Series, one of South Africa’s most established classics on the mountain biking circuit in jeopardy. The event that is due to take place this weekend attracted some of the big stars in international and local mountain biking is now faced with the reality that it will potentially be forced to cancel and postpone the event to a suitable date in the future.

Click here to view the article

Hi all - please note this is the offical version. Someone, who I would like to call a monkey, but I believe this is nolonger permitted, has taken the statement and edited out words "potential" and "consider" to make it read that the event has been cancelled.

The decision on the event wil be made after tomorrow's (Thursday) meeting between all parties.

Hi all - please note this is the offical version. Someone, who I would like to call a monkey, but I believe this is nolonger permitted, has taken the statement and edited out words "potential" and "consider" to make it read that the event has been cancelled.

The decision on the event wil be made after tomorrow's (Thursday) meeting between all parties.

Eh? But the words appear as above, and it states the decision will be made tomorrow. So it echoes your post. 

Are you referring to the above being edited elsewhere maybe?

Eh? But the words appear as above, and it states the decision will be made tomorrow. So it echoes your post. 

Are you referring to the above being edited elsewhere maybe?

There was a version of the statement circulating on What's App where there was some editing and the words "potential and considering" were edited out to read that the event was cancelled.

There was a version of the statement circulating on What's App where there was some editing and the words "potential and considering" were edited out to read that the event was cancelled.

Ah ok, what a tool! Do you have a link maybe?