First Look Friday: Lapierre XR 729, Luvhandles grips and Thule VeloCompact

Nick

Loving lapierre bikes geometry options across all bikes

Innovative. Can't help feeling that whole frame would be miles stiffer if they just extended the divot in the seat tube to brace against the down tube....and mount the bottle holder on top.

Where are you guys based Luvhandles

Hi Matchstix, our main distribution centre is based in Cape Town and we are in the process of setting up other channels throughout SA. Saying that.. we ship anywhere in SA door to door for R35!

Innovative. Can't help feeling that whole frame would be miles stiffer if they just extended the divot in the seat tube to brace against the down tube....and mount the bottle holder on top.

Wouldn't be able to comment till I have slung my legs over one

I am fortunate enough to have the Lapierre XR 729 (2014, thanks Craig) and a Santa Cruz Tallboy 2C (2015).  Santie is a bit easier, because I lack the technical skills.  The Lapierre is the 1x10 for training and my PB on long climbs is on Lettie.  Took a while to get the setup sorted, but now I have a hard time to decide which lady to take for a ride.

• 10 months later...

Hi everyone, on the article on the Lapierre XR 729, it reads "I've grown fond of the striking look but don't expect to squeeze two water bottles within the front triangle"

I think its good to point out that the two lower bolts on the down tube is not for mounting a second water bottle but is the position for the battery powering the electronic rear shock being the Rockshox E.I; and the Lapierre in review here dosent have that optional electronic shock.