Fishrax towbar bike racks - are they worth it?

seaweed

Hi there,

With the Rand currency in the proverbial "flushing meadows", the price of bike racks has been going in the wrong direction.  I'm looking for something that offers value but does rip my wallet through my heart.  To be frank, I cannot afford a new Buzzrack or Thule at these prices (sorry).

I see that Fishrax is advertising a 3-bike towbar mounted rack for about R5,200 plus R150 shipping to Jhb. It looks okay and it's less expensive than the more established brands but I'd like to know: 

1. Does anybody own such a Fishrax unit? 
  2. If so, what's you unbiased view on it?
  3. Should I rather wait for a better-established brand to come onto the resale market?

Some advice/comments here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. I also bought a 3 bike rack from Fishrax just under two years ago and have been very happy with it. Rack is solid and great value for money can highly recommend them.

• 3 months later...

Hey

Have a look at the Holdfast 3 bike platform one, baught one from Autostyle Motorsport in Jhb for R3995 two weeks ago and like it a lot. Easy to put on and nice and stable.

Cheers

Tx. Ultimately need 4 bike holder but these seem rare. May need to custom build to allow for the additional lever arm induced moment and mass.