Garmin introduces vívoactive HR – a GPS smartwatch with wrist-based heart rate

News bot

Garmin today announced vívoactive HR, a GPS smartwatch with Garmin Elevate wrist heart rate technology. The vívoactive HR helps keep track of active moments throughout the day, counting steps and floors climbed, intensity minutes, monitoring sleep and featuring built-in GPS-enabled sports apps for walking, running, biking, swimming, golfing, paddle boarding, rowing, skiing and snowboarding. The vívoactive HR uses 24/7 wrist-based heart rate data to calculate calories burned information as well as the intensity of fitness activities, providing proper credit for users’ array of workouts. With the Connect IQ store, users can easily personalize their vívoactive HR with free apps, widgets, watch faces and data fields.

Click here to view the article

I think this will replace the Apple Watch at Disco next year....

anything that will work better for the android users out there.

would definitely be a better option.

That would be awesome, but Apple has some sort of deal with Disco for data mining - hence the iStepcounters.

I was so close to buying the VivoActive Smartwatch (the previous one without HR), but think I will wait until I can get my paws on this one :-)

• 4 weeks later...