Cycle Lab bullies need to be addressed

Baracuda

Karl is lekka grootbek

Hehehe

Perhaps, or maybe I'm just gatvol. You'd have to find out for yourself...

(think Shimla's Supporters gatvol...)

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps, or maybe I'm just gatvol. You'd have to find out for yourself...

(think Shimla's Supporters gatvol...)

Maybe the dude driving the Cruiser in the Cradle was also "just gatvol"??

Being gatvol is not a nice place to be in, we are all dealing with the same daily frustrations, but it doesnt make it ok to P-KLAP other people, as you put it, ESPECIALLY not other cyclists.

Maybe the dude driving the Cruiser in the Cradle was also "just gatvol"??

Being gatvol is not a nice place to be in, we are all dealing with the same daily frustrations, but it doesnt make it ok to P-KLAP other people, as you put it, ESPECIALLY not other cyclists.

Okay, but apologies aside concerning the CL crew, does that make what they did any more tolerable?

This is the problem with SA at the moment. People are flippen sensitive of offending other people and being politically correct, that they completely forget about being human.

All I am saying is that if you think it's cool to push me out the way while I am ALSO out enjoying my bike, you had better be able to outlast me, cause I am coming to push back.

label me all you want, but I am "gatvol" of having to apologize for my existence.

So, if that makes me an ultra right-wing conservative, gun-owning fundamentalist freak unafraid of handing out PK's, I am cool with that. Just don't push me while I am on my bike.

Okay, but apologies aside concerning the CL crew, does that make what they did any more tolerable?

This is the problem with SA at the moment. People are flippen sensitive of offending other people and being politically correct, that they completely forget about being human.

All I am saying is that if you think it's cool to push me out the way while I am ALSO out enjoying my bike, you had better be able to outlast me, cause I am coming to push back.

label me all you want, but I am "gatvol" of having to apologize for my existence.

So, if that makes me an ultra right-wing conservative, gun-owning fundamentalist freak unafraid of handing out PK's, I am cool with that. Just don't push me while I am on my bike.

Amen to that!

Like I said, I agree with you. Everybody is currently going through a very difficult time, overly pc, racial tensions, idiot government ect. We are all affected by it. I too am over apologizing for my existence. It seems like we are only good enough when our taxes are needed... I get it.

But that frustration should not boil over into the areas where we go and find solice and escape these realities, our little cycling world.

We already have so much to worry about, reckless, drunk drivers, taxis, hijackings, bike theft ( MTBers on the tar :P) ect, we really don't need start worrying about each other now too?

Hope that makes sense :)

Like I said, I agree with you. Everybody is currently going through a very difficult time, overly pc, racial tensions, idiot government ect. We are all affected by it. I too am over apologizing for my existence. It seems like we are only good enough when our taxes are needed... I get it.

But that frustration should not boil over into the areas where we go and find solice and escape these realities, our little cycling world.

We already have so much to worry about, reckless, drunk drivers, taxis, hijackings, bike theft ( MTBers on the tar :P) ect, we really don't need start worrying about each other now too?

Hope that makes sense :)

I could not have said it better.. :thumbup:

OK so you're assuming that what was reported by the OP is the truth and nothing but the truth? Remember there are always at least 3 sides to any story

Edited by jeremyd

OK so you're assuming that what was reported by the OP is the truth and nothing but the truth? Remember there are always at least 3 sides to any story

OP quoted a Facebook post of a friend, so I'd say the story is missing quite a bit as it's not open to scrutiny.

I've ridden with CL in the Cradle a few times and have also been passed by them many times when riding there on my own. My experience has been positive like that of many others here, with greetings and encouragement rather than pushing people off their bikes.

Admittedly, when I just started out cycling, I did take offence to people yelling that a group is coming past and I should hold my line.

KarlvN from the fairest Cape, weighing in for a fight 1500m above his level...

Please note that asthma pumps are not allowed before or during handbag fights up in the rarefied airs of the Highveld.

Seriously? This is not even a half decent storm in a tea cup

There is an arrogance amongst

riders of a (self) perceived ability that often gets the better of them especially in larger groups. Usually guys and girls who are fast but not quite fast enough, trying to compensate for unmet expectations of grandeous delusions. The really fast/fit (generally) tend not to be as brash, they display a well earned confidence ofthe past ride and The headslaps that were dished out to the ****.km

CL bullies need to be beaten by one or more participants with a few pk'sk

ten accompanied by humility

....simply put, okes in big groups who reckon they're the manne are gobshites!

riders of a (self) perceived ability that often gets the better of them especially in larger groups. Usually guys and girls who are fast but not quite fast enough, trying to compensate for unmet expectations of grandeous delusions. The really fast/fit (generally) tend not to be as brash, they display a well earned confidence ofthe past ride and The headslaps that were dished out to the ****.km

****** snotneuse. Hulle soek pk.

Ust choose the fokkers and dish it out. Warm ore, bloeiende neuse

****** snotneuse. Hulle soek pk.

Ust choose the fokkers and dish it out. Warm ore, bloeiende neuse

Go home Crispy you're drunk :P

Go home Crispy you're drunk :P

My stupid phone didn't allow me to type. Besides, I don't drink.

The CL B groups are usually quite fast, but the groups are quite small, and the guys know each other quite well so they chirp each other. I've ridden with them quite a few times and can't see them doing stuff that the OP mentioned. Judging by some okes behaviour at CL after the ride I could well imagine this kind of thing happening

I will say this. The rider who tries to push me while passing will get a PK right then and there. Secondly, that prick will walk home. Luckily I am not a small oke, and the poor sod who tries this might live to regret it.

ditto

Well you will have to catch that little sod first, might be hard for a bike oke on a mtb  :whistling:

Have you seen how fast a mountain bike can go with a big guy on it with enough motivation. Stoom Trein!!

And if you dont catch him, just go the CL facebook page im sure the "person" will be one that will post photos there or atleast be a member and then you will recognize him, or just go to strava flybys for that exact moment, then track his other strava workouts, even if he makes it private, join the same strava club as him and then go to the club page and go to recent activities and scroll down till you see his workouts coming up. Then find one where he either cycled from work or home and then one day just hang out outside said place on your mountain bike and dont do anything just give him stares...do this 3 or 4 times in a week, if he approaches you ride a away quickly but make sure he sees your face, if you can randomly park out side the premises with a BIG camera and make like you taking photos of a tree or some arb thing even better and again if he notices you act nervous and drive away.

Sometimes the waiting game is soooooo much more fun than just a PK.

Disclaimer, i do not condone this type of behavior nor have i ever done this. :whistling:  But i have tracked some rogue riders on MTB trails like this and they are all very defensive when they get a letter regarding their rogue riding. Dont you just love technology.

Im battling to put the word bullie with a 60 kg bloke.

I weight 90 plus (i.e. fat ish) but fit-ish

If you want to bullie me, please do

I only ask that you do it in the fist 30 km of my ride just so that I can still deal out a VO2 max PK.