Action-packed MTB weekend ahead for Somerset West

News bot

This weekend will see a combination of both Cross-country and Downhill mountain biking disciplines take place as the second round of the Stihl 2016 SA XCO Cup Series takes place on Saturday 27 February, and the Western Cape DHI Provincial, which doubles as the first round of the SA National DHI Cup, takes place on Sunday 28 February at Helderberg Farms in Somerset West.

Click here to view the article

Anyone who is in the area please come watch on Sunday.

Andrew won't be the only fast guy there. Pottie, Garlicke and Sam Bull will all be in attendance. Watching the fast boys is very special.

Is there a program available?

As per the article, the XC programme: http://static1.squarespace.com/static/53f5fb7ce4b0cab4a7fe8561/t/56cac39fab48de2d5c753321/1456128930237/20160222_SA+XCO+2-2016+Program+V01.pdf

And the downhill:

Registration for the downhill will take place on Friday 26 February from 12:00 to 16:00 (late entries accepted) and Saturday 27 February from 07:00 to 13:00 (late entries accepted). No late entries will be allowed after 13:00 on Saturday.

There will be practice on Saturday from 08:00 to 16:00, and Sunday from 08:00 to 09:30 with the seeding run beginning at 10:00. Depending on the amount of entries, the race run is scheduled to begin at 12:00.

Course preview with DUUURAAAN and Pottie. They've changed the track up AGAIN so anyone who thinks they have an advantage from doing the Provincial. Erm.... Yeah.

Nice seeing them try and do a track preview video. They should maybe watch some of claudio's track preview videos and take a hint or two from that. The sun not playing along but maybe a comment or two would have made that video awesome.