Amashova Decline UCI Race Status

Cruxpearl

In June of this year we were contacted by the UCI representative in SA. The UCI encouraged the Amashova to be part of the African tour. Initially organisers of the Amashova were very keen for the event to be part of the UCI as it would be good for the event, competing cyclists and the sport of cycling in general.

In fact, the event organisers were quite willing, at their expense, to increase prize money to ensure that qualification standards were met.

After many a few months of different, often confusing, communications from CSA and the UCI, the requirements for UCI status remain unclear to the organisers of the Amashova.

?With only 25 days to go to the 2006 edition of the Amashova, we are still confused as to what the event has to do to take up the invitation from UCI to be part of the African tour in 2006. We have no alternative but to turn down the invitation at this stage. The Amashova will not be part of the UCI for 2006? said Annie Batchelder chairman of the organisers of the Amashova.

Cruxpearl, when did they make that comment? because I received this mail yesterday:

Awesome news guys!

The Pick 'n Pay Amashova has been chosen as a UCI event this year. We have invited teams from all over Africa to ride the race as well as our faithful local pro teams. This has affected our Elite / u23 category. Please go to our website for more details on this and other interesting snippets

www.shova.co.za

Thanks

Annie & Melissa

Wheelsuck, I think you may be a victim of SPAM here, just trash the mail. It states on their homepage that it declined the UCI status. Don't worry I also get spam every now and then Tongue

What is CSA's response to this as they seem to be one of the main roleplayers in the confusion??Confused

Ha....ha...ha.....ha.....LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLClapClapClapClap

Nearly creamed myself.......CSA giving a respons........ClapClapClapClap

Thanks for making my Friday!LOL