News bot

The months of February and March generally see a congested road racing calendar across the country. Many of you are busy training for these events, especially in preparation for the Cape Town Cycle Tour. With the increase in cyclists on the roads comes an increased risk of cyclists also being hit by a vehicle.

Click here to view the article

And Hospital Bend!! I drove past four cyclists - 2 male, 2 female - cruising down the middle of the freeway towards Newlands. Perhaps they got lost on De Waal Drive...

I suggest PPA/the City puts up more no-cycling signs in obvious (for us) places. De Waal Drive outbound should have one...especially past the point of no return. 

Since the thread regarding the tragic incident in Durban I have been paying special attention to the signage when driving, noting the difference between the 'blue - freeway - illegal' signs and roadmarkings and the 'green - non-freeway - legal' ones.

They are very well marked in and around Bloemfontein.

I was guilty in the past of riding on the freeway sections(as do many roadies in Bloem) of the N1 and will ensure to ride legally from now on.