Fizik saddle causes numbness.

andreas17777

Hello, I recently got a new road bike and took a Fizik antaras saddle with it. It is the most uncomfortable saddle ever and causes numbness down there. I've never had saddle problems and always think that the saddle will be ridden in and get better in time.

Can I exchange a Fizik saddle or am I stuck with it. What saddles for road are comfy? Is the new Scoop saddles good?

Thanks

Hi

Saddle preference is highly individualized.

I also had issues with the Fizik Antares. I knew after 50km that it was not right for me.

Put me off the Fizik brand for a while.

Moved over to Specialized. Tested the Roman which did not work. Then used the Avatar for a while. Still had issues though.

Moved back to Fizik ( Airione) when I got a new bike. The Fizik Airione has been my best saddle to date. Im sure that there is a saddle out that that is better suited to my butt.  

Keep looking.

Edited by funjunkie

Fizik saddle are known to not be the most comfortable. You either love or hate them. I have an Antaras on my very stiff road bike and it takes some getting used to. I've found that you have to sit very far back.

I too ride with a Fizik Antares and find it the most comfortable Saddle for me... I had an Arione and Selle Italia SLR before and that was uncomfortable for me...

Saddle choices are purely individual and in order to know what the correct saddle choice for you should be, you need to have yourself fitted....

Can be a "pain in the butt" exercise finding the right one....  :ph34r:  :whistling:

Wifes MTB came with a Fizik - womans specific one cant recall the name. It looks like a plank and is a torture device.

One way to get comfy on a saddle is to experiment with the angle. I have an old Fizik that was awful on my road bike on my mtb now - its angled down in front and is quite bearable for 30k MTB rides

It might be a setup problem or that the saddle is not wide enough for your sit bones.

I have used the Specialized Phenom saddle on my road bike and with the correct bike setup it's awesome. I have done about 15500km on the saddle now and it's still as good as the day I got it.