Evobikes

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Times flies when you are having fun  :clap:

SO many memories crammed into the last 23 months !!  :w00t:   :thumbup:   :clap:

Times flies when you are having fun  :clap:

SO many memories crammed into the last 23 months !!  :w00t:   :thumbup:   :clap:

Did you ever watch that show on Mtv called pimp my ride... It was a bit ridiculous but watching your revamp was a bit like that show but in a good way. Mind you I think Maritz would have accepted the extra weight if you added a 32" screen and sound system to the back of his bike :whistling:

Did you ever watch that show on Mtv called pimp my ride... It was a bit ridiculous but watching your revamp was a bit like that show but in a good way. Mind you I think Maritz would have accepted the extra weight if you added a 32" screen and sound system to the back of his bike :whistling:

LOVE "Overhaulin" ....

I just realised that I have not bought anything from CWC since the other crowd took over. Everything from Evo now.....not a single thing to complain about in 2 years :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

+1 for Evo Bikes. Solid advice, solid service, super-fast order processing and delivery. Have only had very good experiences with them. 

:clap:

• 6 months later...
Can I brag about Evobikes for 2020?

Just to give a bit of background, said cycling shop does not want my money. Checked there website but the items weren't even on the site or incorrect size.

Went to Evo and boom - had in stock for a good price too!

Placed my order early Jan but of course, they were still closed.

Received my order 30 minutes ago and will gladly support them again.

• 6 months later...

Not entirely impressed with the service. 

Placed an order on Friday for some tools. By 21:00 last night I still didn't have an update on what is happening with my order. 

Sent an email. No reply. 

Had to phone them this morning to find out what is happening. Apparently one of the items is out of stock and they are waiting for the supplier to give them an ETA on when they will have stock again. The website showed stock.

At no point did anyone at Evobikes communicate this with me. I wonder when they planned on doing this? 

I fully understand that stock availability isn't always correct on a website but a little communication goes a long way.

"Irritated" could have been "happy". 

Sorry, but also not great service from Evobikes. I 100% understand that stock is not allways in shop, but the 3 times now I have queried about an item, different items on different times, and heard nothing back all 3 times. The items is also not super rare depleted uranium, titanium infused items where they need to go into the dark web. And yes, I have bought from them as well as CWC which is litteraly a stones throw from my place.

Please guys, if you say you will find out and call back, please do so.

I've had numerous orders with them in the past too. No issues until now. 

We aren't the first to complain about lack of communication either. 

a couple times I've ordered items that were "in stock" but still had to wait for them to be shipped from Josi, looks like they only have "in stock" or "out of stock" status in their admin, no "supplier stock". 

But it also seems to be common practice at the moment, I'd assume that with the current times it's harder to move stock or it's just taking more time, not too sure.

Anyways on my last order their price was way lower than anywherelse on that item so I didn't mind waiting a couple more days ! I buy a lot from CWC and them, but whoever is cheaper and has stock when I need the product gets my money.

Never had any issues with their communication, I always get an email within 24h, sometimes late in the evening even on weekends...

Edited by Jbr

a couple times I've ordered items that were "in stock" but still had to wait for them to be shipped from Josi, looks like they only have "in stock" or "out of stock" status in their admin, no "supplier stock". 

But it also seems to be common practice at the moment, I'd assume that with the current times it's harder to move stock or it's just taking more time, not too sure.

I can confirm that the following shops OFTEN list items "in stock" when their suppliers shows "in stock" ... without actually having it "in the physical shop (arranged alphabetically):

- Bike Addict

- CWC

- Evobikes

I have popped in at Bike Addict to pick up something specific, just to be told I should have phoned to check if the item is "in store", as "in stock" does NOT automatically mean "in store" ..... Living close to the latter two I often pop in to pick an item I saw on their web ..... more than once I got the same feedback regarding "in store" vs "in stock" .....

The hard reality is that none of these store and a LOT of tied up capital !!

Under normal sircumstances sales are concluded 99% of the time without the client even knowing the item was ordered, then shipped, all after the sale was concluded.

However, these are NOT "normal circumstances .... best to actually check stock levels.

On Saturday I was at Giant Durbanville, looking for a specific tool.  Julien checked stock levels (to order in), and this morning I got the message the tool had arrived.  If I had ordered online I would not have known that they did not have it in store.  BUT, speaking to Julien about other items I was informed that some of these would be out of stock for the coming months !!

A current example of "on line stock" that are physically sold out, for which the buyer will have to wait months - as confirmed in store ..... You can go onto CWC website now to order a 24'' kids bike .... https://www.cwcycles.co.za/product/scott-bike-scale-jr-2019

Fact is they only have a 24'' Momsen in stock, for more than DOUBLE this price !!  And I brought this to their attention on Saturday, still they dont update their website ....

Essentially doing a form of drop shipping. I understand that it isn’t possible to keep stock of everything. The online computer stores also ship from supplier.

If something is out of stock then let me know. Don’t just keep quiet.

I read some shocking reviews on Evobikes now and I really hope it’s not a case of waiting weeks because Park Tool is out of stock on a set of wrenches.

I also don’t want to cancel my order and lose 10% for restocking fee. Apparently this is a thing.

Does anyone have an email address for Janos?

From their website:

REFUNDS

Please note that all customer requests to be refunded will have a 10% handling fee deducted for wasted costs (Banking Cost/Settlement Cost/Refund Cost/Shipping Cost).

I’m sure this is against the CPA?