Evobikes

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've ordered from Evobikes twice without any issue.

Most recently, I ordered a SRAM pulley set, but received a phone call the next day to say they were out of stock and was given what my options were (Shimano or KCNC). I opted for the KCNC wheels (would've chosen them if I saw them when ordering the SRAM nylon ones), even though they were a little more expensive.

I offered to pay in the difference but was told I didn't have to.

My order arrived the next day. Stoked.

I've been buying there for years. Something must be off if they fail to uphold their usual reliable customer service, especially that dependable and helpful Janos.

Must be the creaky supply chain that is a feature of the lockdown that is generating chaos. 

Edited by 'Dale

Tried to order today and the Paygate failed. My previous order is still showing as pending (no response as yet on my email to Evobikes on that one). The new order is also now showing as pending - I have sent another email asking for resolution - Lets see if I get a response this time round.

Tried to order today and the Paygate failed. My previous order is still showing as pending (no response as yet on my email to Evobikes on that one). The new order is also now showing as pending - I have sent another email asking for resolution - Lets see if I get a response this time round.

I had the same experience yesterday but the payment still went through despite the Paygate fail. Order was then processed and at my door within 24hrs. Perhaps it's because everything i ordered was in stock (and I'm in cape Town), but overall I can't fault the service despite the Paygate fail!

Update on my last post, I reordered again and this time elected to just do the EFT.

Ordered on Thursday and goods got delivered this morning.

(Still 0 response to my previous emails however)

so 4/5 stars then for service

• 1 month later...

Evo offered me great service - called them for an item I could not find anywhere in SA.

Called them tuesday at 5pm, paid shortly after, received the item this morning at 8.30am

essentially 2 days for an item they did not have.

Awesome service in my opinion!

Edited by MajG

I've been cycling shopping for the first time in years and come to the conclusion that Evobikes is basically the only proper online store in SA and I'm done shopping around.

Too many shops trying to have an online presence with no stock etc. Evobikes have good stock levels, I order and it arrives in the sticks two days later.

• 2 months later...

anyone order from evobike recently, placed an order on the 10th of december, my order is still saying processing. sent multiple emails until friday i received an email it will be shipped today. today nothing...

not the usual service i've received from them

Placed an order on the 17th and it was delivered today. Shimano chain. 

Previously I enquired about an order placed on the 30th November and Janos replied within about 30 minutes to my enquiry. 

Maybe phone them. 'Tis the season to be silly.

anyone order from evobike recently, placed an order on the 10th of december, my order is still saying processing. sent multiple emails until friday i received an email it will be shipped today. today nothing...

not the usual service i've received from them

Similar experience recently. 

Sad to read this feedback.

I popped in there last week.  Busy fixing a bike and needed some bolts .... NOPE, old standard, so none of the shops have stock.

JANUS to rescue.  Dug into his cabinet, scratched through his stash of "non-shelf" items .... true as Bob, he found what I needed  :clap:

Uhm .... jaaa ..... ended up buying a few other items as well ...  :whistling:  :ph34r:

Certainly a BIG fan of Evobikes !!  Thus very sad to hear when people have less than stellar service from them.