Grand Opening of the Specialized Stellenbosch Store

News bot

On Wednesday the 2nd of March the Specialized Stellenbosch Store held a grand opening to officially introduce the local cycling community to this new store. There was an air of excitement on the evening as everyone waited to receive the official grand tour.

Click here to view the article

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yay,...????

Just find the way they've treated their(now The) faithful (i.e. Bridge Cycles, Cyclefunatic, BMT, but to name a few...) distributor's over the last few years, that set "them"($paz) up nice and comfortable,...to drop a load, and set up "this"(Me, Myself and, ME),...

Wish the consumer will open their eyes to this stuffed up, selfish, mislead conception of value...

...like these stalwarts, in "their success", were just another brick in the wall,..so will my "moan n bitch" by the followers of this marketing illusion be,.. but to find me riding a false interpretation of value and ethics,....no,.."Please pass START",...

????

Edited by CalamityCrow

First off: if you want choice then don't shop at a concept store. Plain and simple. These shops are brand specific and cater for people who buys into the brand. You have a choice not to support

2nd: How is specialized a false interpretation of value? It is a good quality product. Their marketing is amazing driving home this perception with the customer as well.

It is debatable about shops that stocked this brand in the past and was allegedly just dropped when they decided to open their own store in the area. We don't have all the facts so I can't judge here

Snore. So tired of every cycling store you go into only having Spaz. Life is about choice!!!

What a truly bizarre thing to say. ''Every cycling store.....'

Wow. If life is about choice....then choose not to go into their store.

As your mom said to you all those years ago, ''if you have nothing nice to say....''

Unfortunately the more I look into this industry , the more the concept store makes sense. The distributors in this industry seem pretty useless in terms of bringing in stock , shops struggle to get stock and if they don't have huge capital, they miss out on stock, and then later in the year there is none left. Service in stores can vary hugely with private stores. With the concept idea , the whole importing, store feel, level of service and stock offering can be raised , and also profits can be better if done correctly , rather than a importer trying to rip a store off and then the store doing the same to the consumer. I'm sure more brands will go this way, and I for 1 am keen to see where it leads.

First off: if you want choice then don't shop at a concept store. Plain and simple. These shops are brand specific and cater for people who buys into the brand. You have a choice not to support

2nd: How is specialized a false interpretation of value? It is a good quality product. Their marketing is amazing driving home this perception with the customer as well.

It is debatable about shops that stocked this brand in the past and was allegedly just dropped when they decided to open their own store in the area. We don't have all the facts so I can't judge here

http://www.bellscycling.co.za/product/2016-stumpjumper-comp-carbon-29-world-cup/

https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/168607-2016-silverback-storm1-1st-in-sa/

Part for Part, No comparison in value for money,...Marketing is all about glitter, words and flashing lights,...Value, however, is what you put on the table.

Spez fan or not, been to this shop 3 times now. They have absolutely every product in the Spez catologue in stock, all sizes and colours.  I love the fact I can view every model bike in the range in the flesh and test ride them before making a decission. Love this shop.

Spez fan or not, been to this shop 3 times now. They have absolutely every product in the Spez catologue in stock, all sizes and colours. I love the fact I can view every model bike in the range in the flesh and test ride them before making a decission. Love this shop.

This????????, exactly right . Stock avaliable always, and a customer experience. Even the "mega stores" these days have a terrible stock holding and almost no range

Spez fan or not, been to this shop 3 times now. They have absolutely every product in the Spez catologue in stock, all sizes and colours.  I love the fact I can view every model bike in the range in the flesh and test ride them before making a decission. Love this shop.

will have to check it out next week when I' m down! Sounds good!