Advice Needed On Next Upgrade (Swift/Silverback/Giant)

gminator

Get a swift carbon Attack, it has the same geometry and stiffness as the ultravox, just a bit heavier, with the money saved, you can get lots of trinkets :)

Though im super keen to upgrade to ultravox :) Its a beaut

Get a swift carbon Attack, it has the same geometry and stiffness as the ultravox, just a bit heavier, with the money saved, you can get lots of trinkets :)

Though im super keen to upgrade to ultravox :) Its a beaut

The guys at Swift will give you a demo bike to try. Tell them I sent you  ;) .

I won Sub Vet and A in the Cycle Tour on the UltraVox yesterday, so let that be a recommendation as to which is the best bike.  :thumbup:

@nazmo the Attack is in high 8kgs hey? The guys @ swift also mentioned that bike, haven't really considered it, its quite cheap though at under 20k could get a really sick wheel set with money saved. 

@Donovan well done sir, +1 for the Ultravox :clap: ! What time did you end up doing it in? 

I race the Swift RS-1....Love it!

Propel is a cool frame however the brakes suck! a friend of mine is complaining about how terrible the brakes is...

If I am you, go for the Swift, I raced mine since 2014 and the frame is still as stiff as when I have gotten it.

I race the Swift RS-1....Love it!

Propel is a cool frame however the brakes suck! a friend of mine is complaining about how terrible the brakes is...

If I am you, go for the Swift, I raced mine since 2014 and the frame is still as stiff as when I have gotten it.

I saw a few yesterday, the wheels and hubs sound and look really cheap for the price you pay on the 105 version. Some one actually praised the brake calipers, saying they feel plush almost like hydraulic brakes, good modulation. 

Saw one guy riding it with Di2 group set and the Giant Aero deep section wheels, it still didn't inspire much confidence. But then again you can't judge a bike on a fly by, so might end up test driving both. 

Edited by gminator

My bike is well under 8kg. I managed to get light wheels, and good group-set.

Very happy with its handling, comfort and power transfer.

The basic Attack the swift store has, has heavy wheels and not the greatest bits.

@nazmo the Attack is in high 8kgs hey? The guys @ swift also mentioned that bike, haven't really considered it, its quite cheap though at under 20k could get a really sick wheel set with money saved. 

@Donovan well done sir, +1 for the Ultravox :clap: ! What time did you end up doing it in? 

My bike is well under 8kg. I managed to get light wheels, and good group-set.

Very happy with its handling, comfort and power transfer.

The basic Attack the swift store has, has heavy wheels and not the greatest bits.

What have you got on yours to get it so light?

What have you got on yours to get it so light?

Easton EA90 SLX, dura ace 7900 and pedals, zipp bars.

The attack is just a few hundred grams heavier, wheels alone can negate that weight.

BUT, if you can afford the U-VOX, do it :D

• 11 months later...

So its time for an upgrade, was dead set on the Shimano 105 Giant Propel but then I came across these options which seems to be better equipped for almost exactly what I'm about to spend on the Giant.

Silverback Scalera 2 - Ultegra 11spd with Carbon handle bars and Seat Post Est. 7.8kgs

Swiftcarbon Ultravox RS1 - 105 11spd with Ritchy Bars, stems and post

With the exception of the Frame the Giant doesn't come t with much mouth watering bells and whistles but for some reason I feel its a trusted brand/bike.

Can anyone speak for the Silverback and Swiftcarbon

Been a while since this thread started but what bike did you eventually go with?  I am looking at the Silverback but with Ultegra Di2