Tokai murder

sawystertrance

That very same police is under the same national command, and ultimately the responsibility of the same national minister of police. Ironically, the Western Cape provincial government had to drag the National Police Commissioner to court to investigate the incompetence of the Kayelitsha police while he resisted and refused to admit anything was wrong!

There is no Western Cape provincial police, it does not exist, all police is controlled by the National government! The only exception is the Metro Police, which is funded by and under of the City of Cape Town. They are not mandated to investigate murders, that is the responsibility of the national police.

Short version: She's an idiot for making it a racial issue! 

Are you sure about that? I don't know for sure but I think there are levels in the structure, including at Provincial level, even though they are still under National Control. So, for example, Lamoer reports reported to Phiyega. 

I read somewhere that there are suspicions that the local SAPS are in cahoots with baddies at Westlake, leading, perhaps, to intervention by the Provincial Police?

Edited by sawystertrance

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you sure about that? I don't know for sure but I think there are levels in the structure, including at Provincial level, even though they are still under National Control. So, for example, Lamoer reports reported to Phiyega. 

I read somewhere that there are suspicions that the local SAPS are in cahoots with baddies at Westlake, leading, perhaps, to intervention by the Provincial Police?

Yep. IIRC, on an interview on Cape Talk with one of the commanders, Provincial Govt only controls approx 2% of the police force in the WC. 

Regarding the police work here though - an interesting point was raised by John Maytham yesterday, regarding how it HASN'T been the police keeping the media up to date. Nor was it "stern police work" in locating the phone or crims - it was all the community. All the police did was follow up on the cell signal when it was turned on again - something they do regularly when it comes to stolen phones. 

Not saying the khayelitsha police are better, but incompetent police work is all over. It may not be that Khayelitsha receives "less focus" than suburbs - it may just be that the okes in charge / on the beat at Khayelitsha are just lazy ass mofos...

I understand the logic of what you guys are saying that change comes from the middle class,,,,I will agree with one exception. Not in Africa,,,,thats fact lack of  education of the masses(poor) simply the maths does not allow for it, there simply isnt enough money to throw at the situation(from private wealth)point of view,,,,and the figures dont allow for the DO GOODERS to touch sides

I know the reply is if everyone had that attitude it wont work,,,,,thing is I am in the % of people who do their part in trying, this is not a racist statement its a ratio ISSUE,,,,the ratio tells me simply there are not enough middle class people any more to make an impact,,

There are currently thousands and thousands of initives running they SIMPLY DONT TOUCH SIDES

That very same police is under the same national command, and ultimately the responsibility of the same national minister of police. Ironically, the Western Cape provincial government had to drag the National Police Commissioner to court to investigate the incompetence of the Kayelitsha police while he resisted and refused to admit anything was wrong!

There is no Western Cape provincial police, it does not exist, all police is controlled by the National government! The only exception is the Metro Police, which is funded by and under of the City of Cape Town. They are not mandated to investigate murders, that is the responsibility of the national police.

Short version: She's an idiot for making it a racial issue! 

One can only despair when you read what these racist planks (politically correct term for houtkop) say to the press, instead of fixing things in her own department she chooses to politically grandstand...I'm surprised she did not blame the DA.

She should keep her trap shut and rather go on diet to set a good example for all the over weight police officers.

edit: sp of politically

Edited by SwissVan

Yep. IIRC, on an interview on Cape Talk with one of the commanders, Provincial Govt only controls approx 2% of the police force in the WC.

Regarding the police work here though - an interesting point was raised by John Maytham yesterday, regarding how it HASN'T been the police keeping the media up to date. Nor was it "stern police work" in locating the phone or crims - it was all the community. All the police did was follow up on the cell signal when it was turned on again - something they do regularly when it comes to stolen phones.

Not saying the khayelitsha police are better, but incompetent police work is all over. It may not be that Khayelitsha receives "less focus" than suburbs - it may just be that the okes in charge / on the beat at Khayelitsha are just lazy ass mofos...

This. All of it! I was going to say earlier - everything, attitude, resources, staffing is all controlled nationally. Stupid, stupid woman - she is hoisting herself by her own, obviously massive, petard. No sensitivity at all to either victims - #alllivesmatter. Edited by Thor Buttox

Every SAPS officer is under the control of the national minister of police, his ultimate boss. The provincial government has no say over them. Yes, there are provincial police commissioners, but they report to the national police commissioner (not to any provincial government structure) who in turn reports to the minister of police. That's what makes the idiot deputy ministers drivel so bizarre, it is police under her own control that screws up and by definition her responsibility.The only police under provincial control is the Metro police and they are a minute force compared to the SAPS. 

Edited by DJR

Kind of makes you wonder what the Provincial structure is there for. Another level of bureaucracy to navigate. I wonder just exactly they do at Provincial level? 

As for that deputy minister, it just beggars belief that someone could talk like that, let alone someone in her position. 

The ANC are running scared, I see this every time one of their senior people makes a statement.

Their self-serving greed, indifference, corruption, general ignorance, megalomania and incompetence have finally caught up with them.

They know it and they know the people know it.

And because they can no longer hide it they resort to playing the one, last, desperate trump card they have left in the pack - the race card.

But here’s the sad/funny thing – they’re too stupid, too blinded by their own desperate sense of self-justification to realize that it no longer works.

What possible good is served by calling the REACTION to Frazisca’s murder, either by the community (for their outrage, sadness and despair), the media (for reporting it) or the investigating authorities (for doing their job), racist ?

It’s the only word left in the political vocabulary of an outdated and out-of-touch bunch of dinosaurs currently sh***ng themselves that the masses will turn and vote against them in the forthcoming Municipal elections in May.

Over 50 people are murdered everyday and it would be impossible for media to cover all of them.

Let's see if the media people on here can organise something like that.

Just for one day run all the murders in South Africa.

Been following this story with great sadness from my new home in the UK. I spent soo much time in Tokai with my wife and kids. I came to the conclusion some time ago that South Africa hates it's children. We are raped, killed, dispossessed of our freedom and rights. Everyone is a victim of the social, political and economic meltdown.

I hope that this starts some sort of reaction that will make a difference, so that thus young life will not be in vain. Sadly I have no faith in the legal system, the politicians or government or the voting public. R.I.P

Over 50 people are murdered everyday and it would be impossible for media to cover all of them.

Let's see if the media people on here can organise something like that.

Just for one day run all the murders in South Africa.

I see this sentiment a lot, but why is this always the goto-solution when clearly it's not the intent of discussion around social and political failings to address inept policing? I really don't understand what this action will accomplish, other than prove itself ineffective.

I would rather suggest that when a crime does occur, there be pressure to ensure due process is followed. Case in point, the recent murder of the young woman in Khyalitsha. Her violated corpse was found upright in a toilet over a week ago. Not one detective came digging around in that entire week, except yesterday once the police failings came to light. The station commander was horrible at explaining why detectives haven't begun to investigate that young woman's murder.

There's no real pragmatic point to listing every single daily criminal act. The public will become desensitized, and given the rate of major crime in this country, i wouldn't blame anyone for being desensitized. It's practically a defense mechanism against mental instability!

But,

if we are to say everylifematters, then we should be ready and willing to act in support of others as we do for ourselves, irrespective of race and social status.

Somehow, the cops being kept honest from day-0  in the case of the Tokai murder, yet not 20km away in Khayelitsha, it's a completely different story. The social context is hard to ignore. However, the real reasons behind this disgusting disparity needs to be properly understood,and addressed.

They won't be able to solve all crimes, but the cops must take necessary steps to ensure they stand the best chance of solving it. This is where, IMHO, the pressure needs to be focused, and the press plays a huge role in this regard, as they are in the best position to bring to light such policing inefficiencies.

The public, especially those directly affected, should also be quick to lodge complaints about lack of service. But for that to be worthwhile, we the public at least need to know what level of service we can expect. Surely, taking more than a week to start investigating a murder an area as populated as a township is completely unacceptable, if not criminally negligent?

What a joke

Put the fker up in a 5 star hotel - as long as he can get visitors from the local community - and there's no metal detector at the door.  :devil: